• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains - Depot Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urobach

https://careers.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=2014-11

The successful candidates will need to be of excellent calibre due the high levels of responsibility in this safety critical role. Excellent communication skills are an essential attribute for Depot Drivers to ensure a safe and efficient working environment. All Depot Drivers will be subject to continual assessment both within their training period and throughout their career as a Depot Driver.
Following compliance and strict policy you’ll be responsible for Depot driving, shunting, light maintenance and other tasks such as fault finding and reporting. You will also be responsible for checking that the train environment is up to our market leading standards. As a Depot Driver you will be required to work 37 hours per week over a 24 hour roster with Sundays forming part of the working week.
Natural progression for Depot Drivers is to become the Mainline Drivers of the future. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to begin a fulfilling career with East Midlands Trains. You will need to be flexible, resilient, an excellent team player and have the ability to follow set rules and procedures.
Vacancies at Derby/Nottingham

If anyone has any queries about the job, you're welcome to PM me.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rchta455

Just applied. Not feeling particularly confident though. Fingers and toes very much crossed.

coolcoolcool

I hate to ask about the questions asked on an application form but this has stumped me a little, applying for the role in Derby and it asks

"Communication is important in a safety critical workplace. How would you demonstrate effective communication in this environment?"

so how would i communicate effectively? I may be being dim but is that quintessentially what it means? the use of "in this environment" has confused me a little

much love x

coolcoolcool

I have been short listed and have been invited to stage 1 assessments on 14th January in Derby. I have previously done these assessments for FCC in march and passed them all. Do I have to take them again or should I mention I have already passed these?

rchta455

Good news!
When did you find out , if you don't mind me asking?
I haven't heard a peep so I guess it's a no for me.
Good luck.

rchta455

Well the postman a bit been yet - but I'll temper my expectations. Good luck!
As for your tests, I'm assuming they are centrally logged so you may not have to take them again? Always worth enquiring anyway.
Best wishes.

TomHaley

They should know, I failed stage 1 the first time for FCC and when I went to the Govia assessment they had a sheet with what I had already done and passed/failed. You should only have to do what you haven't already done and passed.

rchta455

Well - this years treating me well thus far. An invitation letter on the doormat. Brilliant. Now to worry about the tests.....

nick40uk

I'm away at the moment so I don't know what the deal is yet. Do they only do it by letter or would they e-mail too?

387star

On Moderation
Ok I have received no letter only a partial practice booklet for the assessments (all but computer tests) The tests listed include the obsolete reaction and mechanical tests however the practice material is correct.

No accompanying letter so must have been an oversight

Will not be progressing as I have since been successful and put on hold for a mainline position

Last edited:

Johncleesefan

I applied to these 2 years ago. I was told I'd have to sit all tests even though I had recently passed everything. Tempted to put another app in though

cooper915

yes on wednesday. how have you gotton on with your practice tests

Last edited:

Geera

just submitted my application have you received any practice material if so what should I be practicing if successful?

coolcoolcool

If I have to go I am there on Wednesday 14th. I spoke to a woman from HR who said she will find out for me

nick40uk

Just got home and got my letter about the assessment day. Looks like they're going to do all the tests in one day. I thought they were spreading them out over the month. Either way, pretty pleased.

ilkoade

i sent my application yesterday, could anyone point me in the right direction as to where there is any practice material other than the bourdan test that i have had a look at.

MelTD

Hello, from a newbie to this form. I'm a bit confused...

Got my letter too (yay!) but it lists the Mechanical Comprehension test, which I thought had been taken out? Plus I'm not down to arrive until 1pm - how can they fit all the tests in that amount of time? And it sounds like I'll be doing the interview (if I pass) BEFORE the computerised tests?

Can anyone shed any light? I'm not too sure what I should be revising for but you guys seem like a helpful and knowledgeable bunch :)

nick40uk

Hello, from a newbie to this form. I'm a bit confused...

Got my letter too (yay!) but it lists the Mechanical Comprehension test, which I thought had been taken out? Plus I'm not down to arrive until 1pm - how can they fit all the tests in that amount of time? And it sounds like I'll be doing the interview (if I pass) BEFORE the computerised tests?

Can anyone shed any light? I'm not too sure what I should be revising for but you guys seem like a helpful and knowledgeable bunch :)

I don't think it has been taken out as I did when I did an assessment for Colas Rail back in 2013. All you'll be doing is the first set of assessments. Don't worry about the second stage or interviews. Focus on the first stage.

You should have received some practice material and this will cover everything that will be tested at stage 1.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.