• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Suffolk bustition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The East Suffolk is shutting between Lowestoft and Saxmundham for two weeks from the 24th this month. Will buses take folding cycles? GA told me that minibuses will run from Brampton Station but that they don't know where they will run to. Do any of you know?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
According to National Rail Enquiries (NRE), Greater Anglia will take folding bicycles on replacement buses:

Buses will run from Brampton to Saxmundham in one direction (stopping at Halesworth and Darsham on the way) and from Brampton to Lowestoft in the other (stopping at Beccles and Oulton Broad South on the way). At Saxmundham, you then have a train every hour on to Ipswich. The link to the times at Brampton are below:

As for where the buses pick up, I'm not too sure. NRE normally indicates the pickup point but they've not included that info on their website, instead pointing you to ask at an available help point once at the station.

Thank you. I can't get any more than that out of GA. Their customer care is the worst I've known since I started going on the line in 1988.

_toommm_

Established Member
I’ve just had a look on Google Maps, and I’d presume the buses go from the two bus stops outside the station (it’s not quite as rural as I thought it was), and I’m guessing there’ll be a poster detailing rail replacement bus pickup points at the station.

You'd think so, but no. The buses always go on the A145 two miles away from the station. I'll check on the station board tonight

Veteran Member
You'd think so, but no. The buses always go on the A145 two miles away from the station. I'll check on the station board tonight
Seems odd that there is a minibus serving Brampton if it is using the same route as the main bus - but I don't know the area so...

What they did one weekend was have a minibus bringing us to the main bus. The station is away from the village by two miles. They thought of building the station in the village but ended up building it by the railway line.

Status
Not open for further replies.