• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eastern Rail Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern1

Does any one have any info about this new rolling stock (possibly charter company) What i have heard from rumours from enthusiasts is that they have purchased a number of MK2 vehichles and storing them at the Mid Norfolk heritage railway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boothby97

Established Member
Apparently they have purchased some of the ex Cargo-D mark 2s which may still be at Wilesden, but they may be moving this week.
Maybe a future charter operator.
Thanks, Sam

theblackwatch

Established Member
Yes it was mentioned in one of the mags a couple of months ago that they have bought some former Cargo-D vehicles for possible main line use. The company has been formed by MNR volunteers.

Northern1

I found out over the weekend from a ex work mate at DRS that several railway managers are involved in setting up the company. And that intentions are in the future to run charters

ramillies19

Posted in another forum by one of the founders of the company:

There are currently no plans for a new 'charter stock venture' from the Mid-Norfolk Railway.

As a member of the MNR ops team, I can also confirm this is the current position. We have more than enough to manage at the MNR.

WestCountry

Might this be for services to Norwich (similar to NYMR Whitby or planned Swanage-Wareham services)? If so, that would be good:D

Status
Not open for further replies.