• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eastleigh fallout - what about the journey planners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
As many will know from the thread in general discussion, trains in the Southampton direction cannot call at Eastleigh due to temporary track limitations.

An option shown on the NRES service changes webpage for travel to the west of Southampton is to “circulate via Winchester”. As far as I can see this would require routeing and fares easements, but there’s no sign of this having been done, because the “more than one ticket required” warning comes up.

Is it likely that nobody at the TOC has even thought of the implications for journey planners? Quite important given that this situation is expected to last for 4 weeks...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fiyero

I live in Eastleigh and work in Winchester (and like to shop in Southampton) so am really struggling with this! On Saturday I am going to London and struggling to work out how I actually go home (as I'll be leaving after 22:30 so there are no Portsmouth via Basingstoke services so presumably no trains that will actually stop at Eastleigh). The journey planner is no help. I know there will be a solution but if I miss the 22:35 (which is likey) road transport must be involved!

Veteran Member
I live in Eastleigh and work in Winchester (and like to shop in Southampton) so am really struggling with this! On Saturday I am going to London and struggling to work out how I actually go home (as I'll be leaving after 22:30 so there are no Portsmouth via Basingstoke services so presumably no trains that will actually stop at Eastleigh). The journey planner is no help. I know there will be a solution but if I miss the 22:35 (which is likey) road transport must be involved!
Presumably road services as summarised on the NRE delays page are operating?

Fiyero

Presumably road services as summarised on the NRE delays page are operating?
One can only hope, but the idea of arriving at a station at 00:20 and hoping for a bus doesn't fill me with joy! If there was a timetable I'd be much more reassured

Status
Not open for further replies.