• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ebbsfleet Intl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reuban

Hi, can anyone enlighten me as to what the structure about 150m south of the platforms at Ebbsfleet international is, seems like some unfinished infrastructure, perhaps from a road?
ThanksScreenshot 2020-11-13 at 20.31.47.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DesireToFire

It's a potential road bridge, I think planned to be used for a road to the new thames crossing. That's moved a bit further east, so it might never be used.

MarkyT

Established Member
From videos and images it's just a tunnel. Not sure what it's purpose it.
Looks wide enough for a major trunk road or some other such major over-track construction. Doesn't appear to ever have been a route option for the lower Thames Crossing so don't know what possible new road it makes provision for.

uvarvu

Bottom two links have some discussion top link shows a nice pic of the bridge the bottom of the article.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Looks wide enough for a major trunk road or some other such major over-track construction. Doesn't appear to ever have been a route option for the lower Thames Crossing so don't know what possible new road it makes provision for.
I wonder if a superseded version of the car park layout was going to be completely different, with everything further north? Then that bridge would maybe suit both a through road and a link between the car parks?

MarkyT

Established Member
I wonder if a superseded version of the car park layout was going to be completely different, with everything further north? Then that bridge would maybe suit both a through road and a link between the car parks?
This masterplan from 2008 shows the bridge to be an integral part of a dense development of the area, covering much of the current car parking with new development and providing some new multistorey structures, presumably to replace station parking lost. https://publicaccess.dartford.gov.u...ASTERPLAN_-_COMPENDIUM_OF_PLANS-100366974.pdf

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
This masterplan from 2008 shows the bridge to be an integral part of a dense development of the area, covering much of the current car parking with new development and providing some new multistorey structures, presumably to replace station parking lost...
Thanks for finding that. All looks a bit angular with junctions, rather than the curves and roundabouts they’ve got. I think the latter is more typical these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.