• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EC Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Again

My 3 year EC Rewards story.

March 2013, >10,000 points. Aug 2014 just passed 17,000 points.

I've had 43 1st Class singles, 2 standard singles and 16 lounge passes.

Not bad for tickets I would have purchased anyway.

I hope the EC replacement company are as generous.

For the record, started in Aug 11. Total spend = £12,091.25 @ £41.27 average per transaction. Total points = 17,079. Total points redeemed = 16,500.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveP29

Have none of those points expired?
Or were you just summarising the points you've been rewarded over the time of your membership?

Ignore all that, I know now!!

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not bad for tickets I would have purchased anyway.

I hope the EC replacement company are as generous..
Are you trying to make the next franchise holder think it's not worth continuing with the scheme (or an equivalent)? :lol:

graham43404

As a leisure user of East Coast this scheme has been great as we have managed to get a few free trips from it during the length of the scheme. The next one is next Friday when we go on a bash from Leeds to Aberdeen on the 07:00 and come back on the 18:16 that evening from Aberdeen to Leeds, the cost for the whole trip is just £69 and thats returning in first class!!

I can only echo the sentiments of the OP that hopefully the new franchise owners will keep the scheme running as it has been something that has encouraged us to drive over to Leeds from Bolton to use East coast, well that and the going on an HST as opposed to a Pendolino :lol:

westv

Established Member
If the next franchise gets rid of the points and/or removes the ability to which seats I want to book I will scream!

scotsman

Established Member
I think loyalty points are a great idea. I've just discovered the wonders of Avios - it's a system that works well for airlines and for customers. Obviously, the mechanics of a system for TOCs would have to be different.

higthomas

How does one come to get more points than one spends on tickets?
I have been getting 1 point per pound spent.
Although I nearly have enough for a single first class ticket, which I am looking forward to redeeming. ??????

Lee_Again

I think loyalty points are a great idea. I've just discovered the wonders of Avios - it's a system that works well for airlines and for customers. Obviously, the mechanics of a system for TOCs would have to be different.

I'm a BAEC member. Silver at present but have been Gold quite recently. If Avios is your thing, and you haven't found it yet, take a look at this forum.

Flyer Talk

It's amazing and full of tips that will get your balance up really quickly. Some members have over 1,000,000 points and more. It's helped me earn nearly 400,000 Avios which I've used to upgrade flights to First Class on more than one occasion.

JaJaWa

Established Member

ATOC were planning to roll out a cross-TOC scheme called either RailMiles or TrainMiles a couple of years ago - I believe it would have worked with all season tickets and online bookings. There used to be an information page on (at least) the First Capital Connect website about it. Does anyone know if it has been delayed or just scrapped (FirstGroup offer Nectar points now) or have any more information about it?

Lee_Again

Are you trying to make the next franchise holder think it's not worth continuing with the scheme (or an equivalent)? :lol:

Point taken but the tickets I would purchase anyway don't have to be purchased on the EC website. It won't harm that they know I use their site for the points. If anything, more reason to keep the scheme.

cf111

Established Member
ATOC were planning to roll out a cross-TOC scheme called either RailMiles or TrainMiles a couple of years ago - I believe it would have worked with all season tickets and online bookings. There used to be an information page on (at least) the First Capital Connect website about it. Does anyone know if it has been delayed or just scrapped (FirstGroup offer Nectar points now) or have any more information about it?

This would help ease the pain of not having a "National Railcard" a bit.

scotsman

Established Member
I'm a BAEC member. Silver at present but have been Gold quite recently. If Avios is your thing, and you haven't found it yet, take a look at this forum.

Flyer Talk

It's amazing and full of tips that will get your balance up really quickly. Some members have over 1,000,000 points and more. It's helped me earn nearly 400,000 Avios which I've used to upgrade flights to First Class on more than one occasion.

Brilliant, thanks!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Point taken but the tickets I would purchase anyway don't have to be purchased on the EC website. It won't harm that they know I use their site for the points. If anything, more reason to keep the scheme.
That's more like it!

I'm sure we'd all be mostly using Southern (for the Money Back Guarantee and I believe some people use it for the cashback) or Red Spotted Hanky (for the Tesco vouchers) if it wasn't for EC Rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.