• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ecclebourne Valley Railway Diesel Weekend 12/13th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Oaks

The EVR Diesel Weekend will feature seven trains each way per day, with trains crossing at Shottle. There will also be the evening Fish and Chip Special to Duffield on Saturday evening. The Class 26, 31 and 33 locos will share the workings, including some double heading and trips up the fearsome Ravenstor Incline branch.

For full details see www.e-v-r/dieselweekend

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mushroomchow

Sounds good. The EVR Crompton is hellfire.

Since I've got line extensions on the mind at the moment, are there any future plans to restore the mainline connection at Duffield? Given my last ride over the line, I'd expect restoring full signalling on the line is the priority for now, but through workings would be amazing.

Tim Oaks

No realistic chance of a network connection in the foreseeable future, it remains a "possibly one day" item. Full signalling is a priority issue along with a decent station building at Wirksworth, dedicated steam running shed and many other projects.

M7R

We had a good day (took my little lad for a day out) on the whole very enjoyable, sadly had to bail early as little one was nearly asleep on the run back to Duffield and asked to go home so we were back on the EMT service by 3pm.

My only observation of the day was a lack of kids, and possibly the reason why is a few of the "enthusiasts" weren't exactly sympathetic to kids happily standing right in front of my 4 year old who was just trying to see the trains coming and going etc with out even noticing he was there, and generally a few just had to get that photo. I didn't really dampen the day as my little one didn't really notice but it would make me think twice about another diesel gala day which is a shame as diesels are my little lads favourites.

The run up the incline was good too, we had a front row seat with the 33 giving it the beans, and generally just nice to hear and smell some classics big block oil burners for a change,

xc170

My only observation of the day was a lack of kids, and possibly the reason why is a few of the "enthusiasts" weren't exactly sympathetic to kids happily standing right in front of my 4 year old who was just trying to see the trains coming and going etc with out even noticing he was there, and generally a few just had to get that photo. I didn't really dampen the day as my little one didn't really notice but it would make me think twice about another diesel gala day which is a shame as diesels are my little lads favourites.

Can't make this gala sadly, the diesel gala earlier in the year was a good day however.

I don't think the issue you described is exclusive to the EVR, I've seen it at most preserved lines I've been to. Enthusiasts are a funny bunch.

trash80

Established Member
I do find some enthusiasts a bit annoying with their lack of awareness, they get their photo then don't get out the way to let others see.

Anyway great day yesterday, loved the BRCW Type 2.

Tim Oaks

Thankyou all for coming. This has been the best attended EVR gala so far, in fact the highest weekend turnover on the railway for a long time, possibly the highest to date.

shredder1

Established Member
Thankyou all for coming. This has been the best attended EVR gala so far, in fact the highest weekend turnover on the railway for a long time, possibly the highest to date.

Thats great to hear Tim and a great gala, when do you hope to complete the other platform at Shottle?

Tim Oaks

I expect the pw team will be back on the job in the autumn, so completion hopefully in time for next year. However they have to replace around 400 sleepers a year just to stand still.

This weekend is the last weekend of steam running to Duffield this year, going out on a high note with 47406 and the class 26 operating a 2 train service on Monday.

Tim Oaks

Plans for 2018 are starting to shape up. The timetable will include a slightly enhanced number of 2-train running days; visiting diesels have been signed up and are 08704 for the March Diesel Gala, Hymek 7016 for a longer period. Negotiations are at an advanced stage for a visiting steam loco for the summer programme to be confirmed in the near future.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Plans for 2018 are starting to shape up. The timetable will include a slightly enhanced number of 2-train running days; visiting diesels have been signed up and are 08704 for the March Diesel Gala, Hymek 7016 for a longer period. Negotiations are at an advanced stage for a visiting steam loco for the summer programme to be confirmed in the near future.

Excellent news Tim, the railway seems to be coming on leaps and bounds, I'm hoping to visit next year when I'm up that way.
You may want to check the number of that Hymek though ;)..?

Status
Not open for further replies.