• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ecclesbourne Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I Thought there was already a thread about this line, but I could not find it.

Sorry if I am duplicating.

Does anyone know how close Wirksworth EVR Station is to the town/Village centre of Wirksworth.?

After a couple of attempts, I plan to try and visit that line via EMT on the August Bank Holiday Saturday. There appears to be a full service that day.

Tks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bill EWS

It is only a few minutes walk from the town center. I'm having a weekend in Wirksworth over the Bank Holday to take in the EVR and some of the High Peak Trail. There is an hourly bus from Derby Bus station to Wirksworth that departs around 50 mns to the hour. I would prefer taking the train but I am not sure if the Duffield-Wirksworth trainl service runs on the Friday.

pcgenius9

Hello there,

Wirksworth Station is in the town centre, it is less than 100 yards from the Market Place.

The service only runs at weekends, bank holidays and on Tuesdays until the end of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.