• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ecclesbourne Valley railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

M7R

I went with the little one plus the wife, and both sets of grandparents to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway today, and we had a cracking day on the Santa Special! We have done a few over the years, but this was the first with our little lad (2 in Jan and train mad!) and I have to say he had a fun day out! We have never been to a heritage railway where the staff are sooo cheery, helpful and kind! They couldn't do enough for the little kids (or big ones)... There was a Santas grotto on the train, magician, caroll singing, some brilliant toys from Santa - our little one got a plane, rubber duck and a book! Way more than normal on the Sanat Specials, and the highlight for my little one - sitting in the cab and pretending to drive the train! (He wasn't really bothered about Santa really as he is still a little too young to under stand it all just yet).

We will 100% be going back again as we can get the EMT train to Matlock from our village, and then get on the EVR to worksworth for a day out, a double whammy of trains,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tubeboy

I have found of the preserved railways I've been on, on the Ecclesbourne the staff are extremely friendly and approachable. Even fellow visitors are good, no serious anti social cranks the couple of times I've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.