• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML:Northumberland version 1.3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

... has been published today.

The refresh to ECML:Northumberland updates the route as follows:

openBVE: I've sorted out all the transparency issues, so the route is now drivable in openBVE, without producing error reports (unless there are errors in the trains - my machine tells me I'm missing a train sound file). BUT openBVE users should bear in mind that this route was written for BVE 4, and if you use exterior views of trains, you may see gaps in the scenery.
Scenery: MetroCentre has been completely rebuilt to be more prototypical. Span wire overhead has been modified to make it look more realistic. Speed limit signs have been built to the correct size - probably too large for areas of restricted clearance, but I'm not going to lose sleep over that at the moment. Adam's new Voyager passing train objects have been introduced, and very fine they look, too. Signal posts now have a telephone which is nearer to the correct size (except on repeater signals!).
Routes: The empty coal train now terminates at Berwick loop. One of this year's December Sundays only Northern Rail services to Alnmouth has been modelled, using Wooden Gate crossover to reach Alnmouth's Platform 1.

I am, as ever, grateful to all those who have contributed objects and helped with the testing. If you spot any errors, please email me!.

Work will continue on the update to Tyne Valley over the Christmas period.

Regards

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eezypeazy

Quote:

The Waiting Room in Eaglescliffe near Stockton was jointly named this year’s Best Independent Restaurant in the UK and was officially presented with its award on Thursday.

The eaterie, situated near Eaglescliffe railway station was set up 24 years ago...

Well, it was railway related!

Bill EWS

You have done another great Job Eezypeezy. I have only run the Class 66 route file for the moment. I had to change to the Class 47 (OpenBVE) as the Class 66 is almost uncontrolable, brake wise. There doesn't appear to be any LAP position, the brake just continues to fall and then takes ages to release.

There is still some sound problems with the Class 47 but on the main it is perefectly driveable. I have set the sounds to '20' and there is a little improvment but stll not perfect.

However, in the case of your updates to the route everything ran smoothly. I appreciate you adding the subsidiary signal at Grag Mill loop. This is far more realistic. While the subsidiary is not required (in this case) it's fixture makes it look right from a driver's point of view. It would only be cleared for shunt ahead movements.
When a subsidiary signal is cleared (Two white lights) the main aspect remains at red.

Other than the remaining train problems in OpenBVE the ECML is now working every bit as good as in BVE4.

eezypeazy

Thanks, Bill.

And thank you for the hours you put in to testing it last week, too.

Just to clarify, the sub signal is on the Alnmouth Loop (Wooden Gate), not Crag Mill.

Re driving problems. I suspect some of them may be related to the method that openBVE employs for sounds, such that some sounds, such as the AWS warning and vigilance alarm, may not always play. There's a discussion on this in a "Point Sounds" thread over on Michelle's forum... but, in summary, there are some sound adjustments you can make before you run openBVE. I haven't seen a reply from Michelle yet, but try increasing the "number of sounds allowed" to something like 100 and see if that makes any difference...

And with regard to "working every bit as well as in BVE 4", I do hope that you're getting decent frame rates out of openBVE for all your trouble!

Regards

eezypeazy

adamp

I also only did the 66 route yesterday, and some constructive critisism I have for you :D , on that sharp curve past the station just as youve left the main one, it seems quite sharp for 40mph! maybe lower the speed or straighten it out a little bit?
And the points seem very sharp for 25mph so would it be possible to straighten those out?

Last, maybe you could consider in the next updates putting some neutral sections in, making the OHLE more realistic and more trains en-route?
Also Ive wondered in comparison to the NWM track etc.. it appears smooth, then on northumberland it appears really grainy as your travelling along, why is this just out of curiosity?

-Adam

eezypeazy

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your post.

The curve out of Newcastle is reasonably accurate. The speed limits are as per diagrams.

Re points: I've used a mix of 25m and 50m long objects. I've used Google Earth to measure them, and used appropriate ones in appropriate places.

Re Overhead and neutral sections: the neutral sections have been discussed by Tweedmouth South elsewhere. Re realism, I'll do a little more each time. For instance, at the moment there are no sub-stations (or, for that matter, lineside equipment cabinets). As you know, there is a trade-off between detail and game performance...

Re passing trains en route: Based on recent timetables, there are the correct number of passing passenger trains in most of the runs, in roughly the right places. As I haven't got a freight timetable, I haven't placed any passing freight trains southbound.

Re track textures: I used a different track texture. The one in ECML was made by Steve Green, using my own ballast texture. Wouldn't it be boring if we all used the same track texture everywhere?

And so, back to working on Tyne Valley....

Regards

eezypeazy

andylloyd

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your post.

The curve out of Newcastle is reasonably accurate. The speed limits are as per diagrams.

Re points: I've used a mix of 25m and 50m long objects. I've used Google Earth to measure them, and used appropriate ones in appropriate places.

Re Overhead and neutral sections: the neutral sections have been discussed by Tweedmouth South elsewhere. Re realism, I'll do a little more each time. For instance, at the moment there are no sub-stations (or, for that matter, lineside equipment cabinets). As you know, there is a trade-off between detail and game performance...

Re passing trains en route: Based on recent timetables, there are the correct number of passing passenger trains in most of the runs, in roughly the right places. As I haven't got a freight timetable, I haven't placed any passing freight trains southbound.

Re track textures: I used a different track texture. The one in ECML was made by Steve Green, using my own ballast texture. Wouldn't it be boring if we all used the same track texture everywhere?

And so, back to working on Tyne Valley....

Regards

eezypeazy

Cant wait for an update to the Tyne Valley....
Yet again you have excelled yourself ;)
Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.