• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Why don't they just make a permanent thread about ECML Problems, since there's one nearly every day. Why does Newtwork Rail never do anything to make it work properly?

londonbridge

Established Member
I'm currently on the 7:47 northbound Grand Central hoping to get to Sunderland-Wolves! We've been stationary for 45 minutes south of Grantham. The last announcement we had said all power had been lost in the Doncaster area and engineers would be arriving on site at 9:30 to assess the situation. As I type we've just had an update,no further info available and we'll continue to sit here until they know more.

Edit: Just had another announcement saying the problem has been fixed and we're just starting to move now in fact.

bennorthyork

Train cancelled. 11 replacement coaches ordered. big rush to get in coach queue. 1 coach arrived and departed full for pbo. then trains started to run again so rush back into station to get on next train. on way now.

A transponder blew but was replaced and things were fine after that. The transponder blew as a result of a train SPAD, not sure how the 2 could be related??

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
A transponder blew but was replaced and things were fine after that. The transponder blew as a result of a train SPAD, not sure how the 2 could be related??

I think you mean transformer (damn you autocorrect) in the signalling power supply, which would have gone of its own accord. Likely there was a Cat B SPAD as a consequence. SPADS of any type cannot cause power supply failures.

londonbridge

Established Member
When the GC I was on is running to schedule it's scheduled for 9.44 at York and an 11.40 arrival into Sunderland. Today we were at York at 11.04,eighty down,and arrived at Sunderland at 12.35,fifty five down. A while back I posted a thread about my fellow supporter who always argues that the York-Sunderland leg could easily be speeded up,he thinks this reinforces his argument given that it takes two hours when the train is on time but only an hour and a half when it's running late!

cawky22

When the GC I was on is running to schedule it's scheduled for 9.44 at York and an 11.40 arrival into Sunderland. Today we were at York at 11.04,eighty down,and arrived at Sunderland at 12.35,fifty five down. A while back I posted a thread about my fellow supporter who always argues that the York-Sunderland leg could easily be speeded up,he thinks this reinforces his argument given that it takes two hours when the train is on time but only an hour and a half when it's running late!

Maybe they forgot to switch off one power car!
Or the driver was on a promise.

causton

Established Member
I think you mean transformer (damn you autocorrect) in the signalling power supply, which would have gone of its own accord. Likely there was a Cat B SPAD as a consequence. SPADS of any type cannot cause power supply failures.

Unless there's a *horrible* wiring problem somewhere :lol:

...perhaps there should be a separate forum/sub-forum for 'delays' threads - with a template of Date - Time (approx) - Line - Problem Description

i.e. this thread could be 14/4/2012 - 9am - ECML - Signalling Problems

Maybe? :)

Aictos

Established Member

...perhaps there should be a separate forum/sub-forum for 'delays' threads - with a template of Date - Time (approx) - Line - Problem Description

Yes, this would have my full support - would the moderators/admin be able to do something along these lines, pun intended!

50010 Monarch

Maybe they forgot to switch off one power car!
Or the driver was on a promise.

I (eventually) caught this train from York yesterday also. The amount of slack in the timetable is unreal.

Two hours for York to Sunderland (dep 09.44 arr 11.40) is ridiculous. The return train I was on is scheduled to leave Sunderland at 17.29 & arrive in York about 19.00 (best part of 30 mins quicker than the outward leg). I know that long distance trains have a bit of timetable 'fudging' involved on the final legs of their journeys but this one seems way over the top.

ushawk

Established Member

Good idea this, would be a good place for them all to be collected in 1 place too, almost a disruption log, could include important info too.

Thanks for that, only skim read the internal email so that may well have been the case, and yes i did of course mean transponder:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.