• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh Day Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi all I am staying at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park Friday 16th September till Sunday 18th September could anyone advise the best and cheapest ticket for multiple journeys between Edinburgh Park - Haymaket and Edinburgh Waverley?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Hi all I am staying at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park Friday 16th September till Sunday 18th September could anyone advise the best and cheapest ticket for multiple journeys between Edinburgh Park - Haymaket and Edinburgh Waverley?
The only ticket I can think of which will allow an unspecified number of journeys would be a seven day season at £16.90.

AngusH

If your requirement is definitely for rail only, please ignore this.

It might be worth considering the tram. £4 per day will get you a day ticket, good for unlimited travel travel on trams and lothian buses within the city zone.
(But not including the airport zone, including that zone costs £9 per day)

The tram stop is adjacent to the Edinburgh park railway station and the tram goes to a stop immediately outside Haymarket station then on towards Princess Street.

It doesn't quite go to Waverley station, and you would have to walk down to the station. (about 5-10 minutes)

dave87016

Established Member
Ideally it would be rail or tram im not familiar with the Edinburgh Trams which is part reason why I was hoping someone might know of day tickets for Edinburgh area , would like to avoid the buses if possible

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Are you looking to travel more than once, or just get into the centre for the tourist experience. Are you planning on walking around once you get into the centre?

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
There is a three-day 'Central Scotland Rover' for £36.30 .

This gives you much more entitlement than you are looking for, as it includes unlimited travel between Edinburgh & Glasgow (excluding trains via Carstairs). It does include travel out to North Berwick and over the Forth Bridge, though not on the new 'Borders Railway' to Galashiels.

The only 'dayticket' is the £4 day ticket on the busses as mentioned by AngusH (which you can buy on the bus, though no change can be given, except on the number 13 allegedly!, or by mobile app as an m-ticket).

Last edited:

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
On the day you arrive & depart by rail you will be permitted to purchase a plusbus "daysaver" ticket for £3.40. Valid on most buses in the city & its hinterland, as well as the trams (exc. the airport halt). £2.25 for a national railcard holder. You can only get this from a rail retailer though not on the bus/tram.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dave87016

Established Member
Thanks Reb so I will be able to use the plus bus ticket on the trans aswell between Edinburgh Park & Haymarket?

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Edinburgh is quite an open city these days, especially during the festival, but even a plusbus ticket won't get you free entry to the "Ladyboys of Bangkok".

On the trams however.......

;)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.