• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh EDB - London (Any) - Aberdeen ABD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
hi. Another (probably obvious if I wernt so dam tired) question from me.

Need to be in London from Edinburgh by 9am on Apr 4th but unable to leave til the evening of the 3rd. Then need to get to Aberdeen by 10am on 5th and thinking the sleapers may be best as reguards timings but as advances are limmited due to it being School holidays Im unsure of the best ticket option. Just me, Standard, disabled railcard. Oh and open to all ideas!
Hope Iv got all the details down here. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
hi. Another (probably obvious if I wernt so dam tired) question from me.

Need to be in London from Edinburgh by 9am on Apr 4th but unable to leave til the evening of the 3rd. Then need to get to Aberdeen by 10am on 5th and thinking the sleapers may be best as reguards timings but as advances are limmited due to it being School holidays Im unsure of the best ticket option. Just me, Standard, disabled railcard. Oh and open to all ideas!
Hope Iv got all the details down here. Thanks.

Hello Sir,

If there are no suitable advances, then potentially an Aberdeen-London SVR (or SSR if there is one) with a berth supplement on the lowland sleeper Edinburgh-Euston (starting short) and then the highland sleeper Eus to Aberdeen.

Hopefully others can look up other options. For the morning of Wed 4th there is also 1E01 05:40 Edinburgh-London calling only Newcastle and arriving Kings Cross 09:40.

Last edited:

Liam

Established Member
Try putting your route in via Glasgow, the sleeper from Glasgow is often quieter than the Edinburgh. I have sometimes bought a Edinburgh-London sleeper advance ticket for less than £30, but booked on the 2200 EDB-GLQ, walk to GLC for the sleeper, whereas the cheapest available on the Edinburgh portion was over £50.

Status
Not open for further replies.