• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh Group - Edinburgh Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosscbrown

I'm almost certain I've asked this before but seem to be struggling to locate the thread searching in my phone, nonetheless:

I am returning to Edinburgh on a Edinburgh to Motherwell (Route: Not Glasgow) ticket. Can I change at Haymarket to alight at Edinburgh Park?

I understand that Edinburgh and Haymarket are often interchangeable but can't remember if the same is true for Edinburgh Park.

Thanks, Ross

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
I am returning to Edinburgh on a Edinburgh to Motherwell (Route: Not Glasgow) ticket. Can I change at Haymarket to alight at Edinburgh Park?
Is there a train you could get that would travel from Haymarket, via Edinburgh Park to Motherwell while avoiding Glasgow?

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Not a direct train though.

A couple of options come into my mind here:

1) Haymarket - Edinburgh Park - Falkirk Grahamston - What's it called? Cumbernauld - Motherwell via Coatbridge Central.

2) Haymarket - Edinburgh Park - Bathgate - Airdrie - Coatbridge Sunnyside - walk to Coatbridge Central (I believe this may be a recognised walking interchange - or it was in the British Rail Passenger Timetable in 1994) - Motherwell.

The above may be reasonable, as you are going nowhere near the Glasgow Group of stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.