• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh PlusBus Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

I'm travelling up to Edinburgh tomorrow for the first time, and I'm just trying to work some things out.

If I get the Edinburgh PlusBus, it appears to be valid on Lothian Bus day services. There is no mention if they are valid on the night buses though, and even if they were how do the dates work? By the time I use a night bus it will be the early hours of the next day. Does anyone have any ideas if a PlusBus will be valid on a night bus tomorrow night?

Also as a side question (I know its not entirely rail related any more, but maybe someone will know!), if a Plus Bus isn't valid on the night buses, does anyone know which bus ticket I should purchase? There's a £3.50 all day ticket that's valid on the day buses, and I can see the only option on the night buses is a £3 all day ticket (no singles as far as I can see), so my only option would be to spend £6.50 on the two separate tickets - is there not a ticket that covers both?

EDIT: I'm not actually sure if this is technically in the right forum - feel free to move it if necessary!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastend43

Hi

Plusbus is definitely not valid on the night buses in Edinburgh, it says that on the plusbus website for Edinburgh. They are changing the validity of night bus tickets in July, so that's no help to you either. So to me it looks like you are best off getting the plusbus for Edinburgh at £3 (or £2 if you have a railcard) and having to pay the £3 for the night bus (or buses).

phil35

I somehow missed the bit on the Edinburgh PlusBus website about Night Buses being excluded - I triple checked it too before making the tread! Must be one of those days...

Thanks anyway, yeah I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.