• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh, Sleeper, Sussex Slammer, Tangmere (large images)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

An overview of the east end of Edinburgh Waverley station. A Voyager was departing at the time the shot was taken.

Yes, Pendolinos do enter Edinburgh Waverley daily, I believe there is one such service a day.

A Voyager terminates from the West Coast main line

An Edinburgh Cross City service for Newcraighall departs from Waverley

This Class 90 was possibly meant to haul the sleeper, which eventually left 10 mins late hauled by a '67'

The Highlands sleeper was on time (or thereabouts) at Euston as it was able to overtake the failed sleeper in the Wolverton area.

The ex-Glasgow/Edinburgh sleeper arrived 122 mins late at 09:15 due to locomotive failure. 57312 rescued the train north of Wolverton.

The fumes from 57312 caused flakey paint to fall onto the loco.

The 'Sussex slammer' railtour at London Bridge. The VEP is seen here at the country end before a CIG was attached.

The Sussex Slammer under the glass roof at Brighton

The Sussex Slammer at Newhaven Marine. This station has only one train per day and does not appear in the public timetable.

Tangmere had arrived at Victoria with VSOE coaches by the time we arrived, providing a photo opportunity

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Fantastic photos Yorkie. I see what you mean about the paint flakes now.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This image is cropped from the original image:
DSCF3531_cropped.jpg

As you can see, definitely paint flakes and not frost.

I think Metrocammel may have overheard the drivers mention it at the time as well?

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I quite like the shot of 34057, though personally I am not too keen on the West Country/Battle of Britain class of locomotives, I'd much rather have a Director, A4, Standard 5 or 71xxx class.

Chris

Yorkie the overview photo of Edinburgh Waverley is excellent, you could probably even sell it to the tourist board!

I've set it as my wallpaper, and it looks braw! (scottish slang for 'good').

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Chris said:
Yorkie the overview photo of Edinburgh Waverley is excellent, you could probably even sell it to the tourist board!

Thanks, glad you like it!

I must admit saying to MetCam, that I didn't think any of the photos from up there would come out well, and 'let's come back here in daylight one day' :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised when I downloaded it to my PC to see how it came out.

I guess it just shows it is worth experimenting and you never can be sure how well they'll turn out when you take them!

Dave A

Chris said:

I'm in 99% agreement with that statement, but I'd use the word wicked (a chavvish term for great) :P :mrgreen:

Great photos as usual :D

Status
Not open for further replies.