• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh to Aberdeen HST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Don Clarke has not only released bugfixes to all the Edinburgh to Aberdeen routes, but also a new run for the BVE 4 HST.

They can be found at http://www.gotopcs.net/ , click on the "BVE Routes" link at the side and "BVE 4 Routes" at the bottom.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

66's are evil

More great news, what a week, hst, updated 87, richwell and now this, with the Bakerloo on the horizon as well!

Great work everybody!

Hi. I have downloaded the rotue but it's really fuzzy and wierd. :s. Can anyone help? :(

Coxster

Established Member
James 66526 said:
Hi. I have downloaded the rotue but it's really fuzzy and wierd. :s. Can anyone help? :(
I had this a while back. You need to download the latest graphics drivers from your graphics card maker's website.

eezypeazy

DescendingSadly said:
Does anyone know why it's coming up with 'train not found'?

Err... because it can't find the train?

Check that your HST4 is in the Train folder, in the same BVE folder structure as you've put the edinburgh objects and routes (So, if like me you use the folder structure bve\mackoy\BVE4\railway, you need a subfolder each for \route, \object and \train, with subfolders in each).

Hope that's clearer than mud....

eezypeazy

eezypeazy

DescendingSadly said:
C:/Program Files/BVE4/route

and my trains are in

C:/Program Files/BVE4/train
Hmm.... my directory structure goes c:\program files\bve4\railway\route etc

Try putting the extra "railway" level into the structure....

eezypeazy
--- edited ---
darkavenger38 said:
it doesn't come up with the timetable for the hst route. Any ideas?

Regards
Tom
My first guess would be the directory structure....!!!

See above posts....

Regards

eezypeazy

The Snap

Established Member
Nice, but a little too long for my liking. Although, I may try it in the HST, seen as though it is fast! :p

Craig

Established Member
DescendingSadly said:
Can someone just guide me through what they did from when they downloaded the scenery file?
I changed the destination folder to the full path to the railway directory (E:\Stuff\BVE\Railway in my case), I'd suggest doing the same.

nutter

I ran all the self install programs, and then re did the HST so rather than it just been C:Program files/BVE/Trains (thats the jist) I changed it to C:Program files/BVE4/trains.

I have trains and routes all over the place but thats how I did it

Thanks to tom I can now load up the HST with the route, but the route is just white but you can only see signals..
whats gone wrong?

there is an error and the beginning saying like cannot find path
etc etc

Bill EWS

Hi,
I also found that the updated files went off to different places within the BVE4 Folders. The Cl66, Markinch and Object files were saved outside the 'Railway' Folder and it was a matter of cutting and pasting them into their respective folders.

I have checked out the object errors and the new Jct signals at Thornton Jct and Laurencekirk Jct (for the loop). Laurencekirk is fine but as there wasn't a correct MAS Jct signal in BVE4, Don had to make one up to the sketch that I sent him and while not perfect, the signal takes you into Thornton loop correctly.

There is still one problem in that when you jump to the Thornton Jct signal you arrive five minutes early and then depart late for the loop. This will require retiming in the Timetable Editor. Likewise the signal shows a 'lit' feather all the time until the signal clears. The feather should only light split seconds prior to the aspect clearing. The system checks the route is set & locked correctly, operates the feather, then if all is correct the signal is cleared. This I expect is another problem within BVE4 that needs sorting out, if it allows.

There are still two objects not showing correctly. Just beyond Springfield station a bank (By a stone bridge) encroaches towards the ballast and at Laurencekirk a tree and the roof of a building (on the left) out in the fields appear as 'floating objects. But, hey, two objects in such a large Route is nothing to be ashamed of, I think you will agree.

Overall Don has done a nice job on the upgrades and it remains one of the 'great' routes in BVE.

Regards.

BillEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.