• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Egham - Shenfield & return - first class

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Hi all,

I have a YP off-peak Day return to travel to Shenfield later this week. When I purchased it I enquired with the clerk as to te cost of travelling First Class an the journey. He told me that I couldn't get a first ticket with my railcard, but that I could pay a £5 supplement on the day at my starting stations on the outward and return trips (so Egham and Shenfield).

Is this true and, if so, how can I go about doing it? Is it possible to do it the day before I travel, as the ticket office at Egham is rarely open at the times at which I am travelling.

Apologies for the somewhat long-windedness of this message!

Jack

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Don't bother. The 458 would be nice but 35-40 minutes isn't enough to justify it - and the GA bit isn't worth it period, especially if you get lumped with a 321.

Status
Not open for further replies.