• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EKR Gala - 26th, 27th & 28th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkavenger38

Kon'nichiwa ("Hello" for those who do not know),

For those who have never been to the East Kent Railway, we have a gala on at the East Kent Railway from 26th-28th August. There will be all available stock running and possibly some of our frieght stock.

If you wish to attend, simply reply below!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harold

With the 4 cor (3 coaches of it) to admire at EKR yesterday, this will attract much more enthusiasts. Hopefully I will get a chance to see more stock being used this year.

I should be down on the Sunday and Monday.

Established Member
ummm will be down all three days if i can, if not will be the satruday and monday

Guinness

Established Member
I might be staying in London at the end of August and visiting EKR is on my to-do-list! :)

Thread is a bit in the advance though!!

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
What sort of stuff do you get at the galas?
Our home fleet will be running, as far as I know, although not nessacerily all of it. This includes:

Class 09, 09025
Class 101, formed of 101660's DTSL & 101682's DMBS
Class 205, 205001 (renumbered 1101)
Class 412, 412325 (2325, renumbered 7105)
Class 419, 68001 Motor Luggage Van
Class 419, 68002 Motor Luggage Van
Varity of Industrial shunting locomotives

Three coaches of the 4-COR have been delivered to the railway recently.

http://ekrailway.fotopic.net

TheSlash

Established Member
It's difficult to put a figure on whats available and what isn't at this early stage, as preservationists like Chaz will know all too well. I hear rumors, whispers and alike everytime i am at the railway, but rather than get peoples hopes up, lets wait until at least the end of July before we start discussing availability.
Having visited the GCR myself several times, it would a pleasure to return the out stretched hand of friendship to GCR members like Chaz at the EKR. If you care to add me to your msn messenger, i might be able to organise a behind the scenes look at the EKR.
Last year we began running passenger trains up the extension to Wigmore Lane, this was possible only on special occassions. This year we hope to have brand new level crossing gates installed at Eythorne before the gala which will enable us to run to Wigmore lane much more frequently
In the meantime everybody at the EKR is going to be working hard to make this gala a success.
cheers

Guinness

Established Member
I'd be more than happy too. :)

I think it is fair for fellow preservationists to come and visit GCR (Some people over 200 miles away) and other railways for them to visit their railway. After all we're all doing the same thing - Preserving and Enjoying the past on British Railways. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.