• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EKR Summer Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Myself and Steve Wright will be working down the East Kent Railway on all three days of the gala (27th, 28th and 29th August) and most of the stock will be running, including the EPB, MLVs, Thumper, 101 etc. You never know, even the resident Class 412 BEP might make an appearance! You have to be here to find out!

Why not come down and enjoy the traction, with an intensive timetable you should have lots of fun! The extension to Wigmore Lane will also be opening on the Sunday so why not be one of the first people to ever ride it!?

ekrlocation.gif

By Car
From the A2
Between Canterbury and Dover, take the turning at the traffic lights sign posted for Shepherds Well. Continue down this road into the village and you will pass a small shop on your left. Go over the railway bridge and take the next left, sign posted for the East Kent Railway.

From the A256
Between Sandwich and Whitfield, take the turning for Eythorne at the roundabout on the section between Tilmanstone and Whitfield. Continue along this road through the village of Eythorne. Further along this road you will go over a level crossing. Continue for about 400 yards and turn right sign posted for the EKR.

By Train
Trains run frequently from London, Medway Towns, Faversham, Canterbury and Dover direct to Shepherds Well. These services are operated by South Eastern Trains. For further information, you can contact the National Rail Enquires Bureau on 08457 48 49 50 or alternatively visit http://www.setrains.co.uk When leaving the station, cross other to the London bound platform and leave the station and immediately to your left, you will see the entrance to the East Kent Railway. Follow the driveway and then turn right to where it says 'To The Trains'.

EKR, Station Road, Shepherds Well, Kent, CT15 7PD.
24 hour answer phone service/information - 01304 832042.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Just to add, a 33 has completed the trials and a 73 is currently undergoing trials. With any luck, these will be running during the gala :)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Hope it all goes well for you, I'll be wishing I was there instead of with screaming kids on Thomas' Train :cry:

Why did I let myself get roped into doing Thomas :roll:

Coxster

Established Member
Chaz said:
How long is the 'EKR'?
When the extension opens, it will be about 3 miles (if not a tad more). The current timetable is 10-15 minutes Shepherds Well to Eythorne (a couple of minutes for the guard to alight and do the level crossing barriers). It will probably be another 3-4 minutes when the extension opens, making the line about 20 minutes long each way (plus any layover time at Wigmore/Eythorne).

TheSlash

Established Member
Just a reminder that this is happening next weekend. I'll be guard on 1 of the 2 trains on Saturday and Sunday, Coxster was going to be barrierman at North Bank Saturday and Sunday but has now been pulled for several general jobs

TheSlash

Established Member
Is there anybody down to work this weekend who isn't currently a member of the EKR user group {ie you can access the hidden forum}?
I'll post a list of duties in there within the next 24 hours, for the whole 3 days

Craig

Established Member
Coxster said:
Steve Wright will be working down the East Kent Railway on all three days of the gala (27th, 28th and 29th August)
Surely that's a reason to not go? ;)

Nick

How did it go lads, many people, and whast next after the extension?

Craig

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Anybody else think its about time the 'report to moderator' button was re instated?
No, a delete a moderator button would be much better.

Met Driver

Established Member
Craig said:
No, a delete a moderator button would be much better.

We do have a 'delete an immature member' button - something which we should probably use more often.

Back on topic please. Any more silly/off topic posts will be deleted.

Met Driver

Established Member
On a more positive note, despite the ups and downs of the weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed my first few days at the East Kent. It was an action packed three days (in more ways than one!) and a large variety of rolling stock ran. I'll definitely be coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.