• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Elderly man died after falling on Stagecoach MCSL service

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancasterRed

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/man-dies-after-falling-bus-17460513

An appeal is underway after an elderly man died after falling on a bus in Longridge.

The incident happened on the Number 1 Longridge to Preston bus service at around 9.55am on Tuesday, December 10.

Police believe that the man boarded the service at The Old Oak bus-stop. They believe he fell in the stairway, suffering a head injury.

The 70-year-old man from Longridge later attended the Royal Preston Hospital.

He died of his injuries on Wednesday December 18.

Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.

Not good at all, and condolences with all affected.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I was particularly distressed to read this, as my father-in-law, a Preston man who had worked for Scout Motor Services and then Ribble for decades before retirement, had a severe accident while travelling on a bus in the same area a dozen or so years ago. He was then in his mid 80s, broke his hip amongst other things which, basically, ruined the rest of his life. As you say, sincere condolences to the gentleman's family and friends.

175mph

On Moderation
I was particularly distressed to read this, as my father-in-law, a Preston man who had worked for Scout Motor Services and then Ribble for decades before retirement, had a severe accident while travelling on a bus in the same area a dozen or so years ago. He was then in his mid 80s, broke his hip amongst other things which, basically, ruined the rest of his life. As you say, sincere condolences to the gentleman's family and friends.
May I ask, was he left wheelchair bound or able to walk but requiring the use of walking aids? :(

Busaholic

Veteran Member
May I ask, was he left wheelchair bound or able to walk but requiring the use of walking aids? :(
He was never able to do more than hobble around the house once he'd had an operation for a new hip. His wife, of a similar age and quite petite, was unable to push a wheelchair. They had a stairlift installed in their small ex-council house, but my mother-in-law died at home two days before their 60th wedding anniversary. Luckily their two daughters, one of them my wife, were staying with them, and Vic went to live at my sister-in-law's for the last few years of his life. Eventually he did get a reasonable insurance payout, but that of course is scant compensation for the curtailment of what had been still an active life.

Status
Not open for further replies.