• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Electric sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

Could someone tell me please if there are electric sockets, at seats on:-

Greater Andlia Mk3 Standard Class
Greater Anglia 360's, 321's etc

and

Capital Connect 365's?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

phil8715

Mk3 coaches on the WCML had the electric sockets at the end of each coach. I used them all the time. But I always asked the train manager who said I could but at my own risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Sockets near carriage ends/in vestibules are for cleaning equipment (such as vaccuum cleaners) and are not gaurenteed to be at a stable voltage in the way proper at-seat sockets are- so they can have spikes that the cleaner will be OK with but may blow your laptop charger.

No FCC trains have at seat sockets. The only MUs with Greater Anglia that do are the Stansted/Cambridge Class 379s. Not sure about the extent of them in the Mark 3s, but given they're in a pretty basic, shabby state...

Ivo

Established Member
Not sure about the extent of them in the Mark 3s, but given they're in a pretty basic, shabby state...

Unless something has changed in the last two-and-a-bit years, they don't even have them in First Class, never mind Standard Class :roll:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
No public use sockets through the classes you've mentioned AFAIAA :smile:

TP

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Unless something has changed in the last two-and-a-bit years, they don't even have them in First Class, never mind Standard Class :roll:

The Great Eastern mainline- for that true 80s experience.

rail-britain

Established Member
The Great Eastern mainline- for that true 80s experience.
Very much so, more so early 90s
Class 90 locos with Mark 3 coaches in basic refurbished conditions
Even on weekdays, in First Class there is no at-seat service

Johnny Lewis

One of GA's franchise commitments was to introduce complimentary at-seat catering in First Class on the LST-NRW and LST-SSD services - is there any sign of this actually happening yet?

dk1

Veteran Member
One of GA's franchise commitments was to introduce complimentary at-seat catering in First Class on the LST-NRW and LST-SSD services - is there any sign of this actually happening yet?

Complimentary but not at-seat on the main line. It started a few weeks ago. Small coffees, small water, small orange juice, KP crisps & bisciuits. Just show your 1st class ticket at the buffet bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.