• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Elmstead Woods to Swanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz28

There doesn't appear to be a fare for Elmstead Woods (ESD) to Swanley (SAY).

There are fares from Grove Park and Chislehurst, which are either side of Elmstead Woods, the Grove Park fare is £4.10 SDS (Anytime Day Single).

There are fares to stations either side of Swanley. St Mary Cray is £3.10 SDS and Eynsford is £6.60, as are Shoreham (Kent) and Otford, further down the line. I assume the big jump between St Mary Cray and Eynsford is because that is the boundary of the Oyster/London Travelcard zones.

The next station down the line is Bat & Ball, where the fare reduces to £6.20, and the next one along is Sevenoaks at £5.70. Another example where going further ends up cheaper!

My conclusion is that I should buy from Grove Park and start short. Would travel via Sevenoaks be permitted? NRES suggests not, helpfully offering it as one of the quickest journeys, but then suggesting two tickets are required.

Easement 30087 says I can go via Bromley South, although I think that's ok by map SV alone. I haven't found an itinery where that would be useful, since changing at Bickley is always quicker

30087 Journeys from Elmstead Woods and Chislehurst to or via St Mary Cray may go via Petts Wood and Bickley or via Petts Wood and Bromley South. This easement applies in both directions.

Map SV is lacking detail, as there is no direct route between Grove Park and Bromley South.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Map SV is lacking detail, as there is no direct route between Grove Park and Bromley South.

In order to appreciate the Routeing Guide, you need a full understanding of how to read the maps. A green square beside a station denotes a Routeing Point Group Station. The Bromley South group consists of the following stations;

BICKLEY
BROMLEY SOUTH
ORPINGTON
PETTS WOOD
SHORTLANDS

Thus, "Bromley South" on a NRG map only has to represent one of those stations, although it could represent all 5 if all lines in the area were shown to pass through that point.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.