• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ELR Diesel Gala 6th-8th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

A juicy line up announced for this event! The immediate stand out for me is 24081, & what about the mystery appearance from an 'unseen on the ELR before' loco? hmmm thats going to start some guessing me thinks!? :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mattmatt

Neither here, nor there, but somewhere in-between!
Hello all

A juicy line up announced for this event! The immediate stand out for me is 24081, & what about the mystery appearance from an 'unseen on the ELR before' loco? hmmm thats going to start some guessing me thinks!? :lol:

Yes it's going to be a great line up! very much looking forward to it! The unseen Loco, mmmmmmmmmm we've been sworn to secrecy! :D

Yes it's going to be a great line up! very much looking forward to it! The unseen Loco, mmmmmmmmmm we've been sworn to secrecy! :D

Well rumours persist that Nimbus was never scrapped!! In Castlecroft for all these years?? :lol: Seriously speaking i think it would be great to keep it a secret till the actual day! mission impossible i know but how good would that be?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is it time for Loco Bingo again? ;)

Sorry mate, my fault for this thread :lol: Has Kestrel been shipped back from The Ruskys under the quiet Bolton Street Night Sky? he he

12CSVT

Established Member
Why don't you resurrect a Class 58?

Have the following ever visited the ELR, Classes 58, 59 & 60?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?maevms

Several class 60s visited when the Heywood branch was being used to bring in engineering / ballast trains in conjunction with track renewals on the Bury branch of the Metrolink in 2007. 60083 piloted a passenger train from Bury to Heywood (albeit unplanned) during the Wednesday of the July diesel gala in order to save a path. I didn't know about it until later in the day, and I was heading north from Bury (behind 37175) at the time.

The rate 58016 is progressing at Barrow Hill I wouldn't rule it out being ready in time for this year's gala.

Crimson_Quiff

60083 piloted a passenger train from Bury to Heywood (albeit unplanned) during the Wednesday of the July diesel gala in order to save a path. I didn't know about it until later in the day, and I was heading north from Bury (behind 37175) at the time.

Was at the front window for that one, cheers! Red pen as well! :D

Bevan Price

Established Member
Well rumours persist that Nimbus was never scrapped!! In Castlecroft for all these years?? :lol: Seriously speaking i think it would be great to keep it a secret till the actual day! mission impossible i know but how good would that be?
You won't get many visitors coming long distances on vague promises of "something interesting" might work.

How are the Classes 15 & 28 progressing ?

You won't get many visitors coming long distances on vague promises of "something interesting" might work.

Granted, if this was a smaller Diesel Event. However with 14/15 loco's announced i can tell you that there most definately is "something interesting" running already.

Come on, it would be nice to have a surprise on the day! :) even tho i concede someone would leak the mystery guest on a forum like this :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.