• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ELR Diesel Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
East Lancashire Railway Diesel Gala - Wednesday 5th to Sunday 9th July

About the day

There will be a variety of locos on, usually about 10, which are yet to be disclosed. I will list all locos when I get the information from the ELR gen page I use.
It will be a spectacular day for photting, bashing and thrashing! Clag is guaranteed!

Tickets

If you are attending, then I would suggest buying a Day Rover ticket, which will allow you to travel along the whole line all day, for as log as you like.
Prices are as follows:

Special Events, Day Rovers will be available as follows:
Adult £20.00
Child/concession £14.00
Family £50.00

Alternatively, a platform ticket can be purchased for £1.00, which is ideal for photters, and lasts all day on all platforms IIRC.

Getting there

Travelling to the ELR is very easy. The nearest mainline rail station is Manchester Piccadilly, or Manchester Victoria. People coming from the south will arrive at Piccadilly, and would need to catch a Metrolink tram service to Bury for £ 3.50 return for adults, and £1.60 return for children. Similarly, trams can be caught from Victoria, and prices to Bury are the same.
You can catch a bus from Manchester Piccadilly Gardens bus terminus to Bury (number 135), but this takes around 2 hours!

The tram station in Bury is a five minute walk from Bury Bolton Street station; please see this map:

elrmetrolink27jz.jpg

Tips

- If your not one for busy hustle and bustle, DON'T go on the Saturday or Sunday. The weekdays will be best for you.

- Photters should remember to keep on the right side of the white line at platforms, and if linesiding, remember that high-vis is needed if not on public footpaths, and near the line.

- Timetable for Saturday 8th July has not been announced yet, so check the site before the event - do not go off the Peak Saturday timetable for this date, as this is not correct for the day.

Cheers, and enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
From ELR adverts/website, 26024 wil be visting (has arrived at Bury), as well as possibly addittional visiting locos. All operational home fleet will run, although on the weekdays not all will be out.

The Snap

Established Member
clagmonster said:
From ELR adverts/website, 26024 wil be visting (has arrived at Bury), as well as possibly addittional visiting locos. All operational home fleet will run, although on the weekdays not all will be out.

Yes, 26024 is in the sheds at Bury, I was in it on Saturday. It needs cleaning, and perhaps a lick of paint to touch up in areas. It has come complete with wooden doors! :p

Nick

I'm hopefully gonna be there on the Saturday along with AlexS and hopefully Cheggo.
Any ideas of a GCR discount?

The Snap

Established Member
Nick said:
I'm hopefully gonna be there on the Saturday along with AlexS and hopefully Cheggo.
Any ideas of a GCR discount?

You pay concessionary rates as far as I know, as long as you have a member card.

NOTE: Unfortunatly, 55022 wil NOT be attending the gala, as its generator is away for repair, and isn't expected to return until late June.

Status
Not open for further replies.