• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ELR Diesel Weekend July 6th-8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil6219

Excellent line up, definitely going myself. Saturdays is traditionally the best day though it can get rather crowded. The Beer-Ex is running on the Friday too this time around and normally presents the opportunity for double, treble or in the case of the Deltic Weekend last year a hextouple header :D

The last few times the Hymek had been working the Bury - Ramsbottom shuttle but at the gala in March the Class 14 which had just returned to service was being used on that working. The Hymek then just went working on the normal turns T&T with whatever was available.

The timetable will be amended a little closer to the date and they will add the booked locos to the workings, worth mentioning though that things can change.

Should be a cracking weekend though looking at that line up.

Phil 8-)

4SRKT

Established Member
Thanks! Agreed, the lineup looks amazing. Can't see a single 'meh' loco!

Except the duff of course.

I wonder if any of the Hitler/Hermann Goering impersonators who went to the wartime weekend will be going to this? If anyone tells them off for doing nazi salutes they can claim to be flailing.

Having said that there are people on this forum whom I suspect would think that flailing was a more serious matter than giving a nazi salute! ;)

Phil6219

I welcome the duff, the class 14 is the thing I'm not a fan of :/

At least there are no Westerns :D hahahahaha (a joke aimed squarely at a mate of mine)
EDIT: Anyone got any idea when Western Prince will be back in service?

Flailing is stupid, and more of a problem (some prat looses an arm out of a droplight and we all get the joys of bars on the windows again). Some end of a bell does a Nazi salute in the street and said person will probably get a punch in the face, no punishment for us :D

Phil 8-)

Last edited:

4SRKT

Established Member
Flailing is stupid, and more of a problem (some prat looses an arm out of a droplight and we all get the joys of bars on the windows again). Some end of a bell does a Nazi salute in the street and said person will probably get a punch in the face, no punishment for us :D

Phil 8-)

I'm not sure that I entirely agree with this [tongue in cheek] analysis of the relative problems caused by flailing and nazi saluting..........

The Snap

Established Member
Looks like a good opportunity for me to (finally) see a Hymek in action and visit a new railway to boot.

Anyone know when exactly D7076 will be running? Thanks.

http://www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk/diesel-weekends/

The timetable will be amended a little closer to the date and they will add the booked locos to the workings, worth mentioning though that things can change.

FYI, Diesel Gala timetable (with loco runnings) is now available on the bury diesel group website:

http://www.elrdiesel.info/documents/2012-elr-july-diesel-event_v1.2.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.