• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ELR EnglishElectric Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Got the 0632 first bus into doncaster, arrived at 06:55 giving me 40 minutes to kill before 0735 TPE to Manchester, So got a few shots:
yez46x.jpg

yez46h.jpg

Then got on 158750. Arrived at manchester on time and met 6M60 Seaton Flasks and also non member Sheddy. Jumped on the tram to Bury and walked to the ELR. Got our rovers,then bashed D335 from Bury-Rawenstall-Bury-Heywood-Bury. Got a few shots at Bury:
yez4qt.jpg

yez4qp.jp

We then bumped into Evil Hippo who I met for the first time. We then jumped on 20096/905 to Ramsbottom (Evil Hippo got off at Summerseats)
yez4ql.jpg

At Ramsbottom

We then jumped back on The 40(D335) to Heywood then back to Bury
yez4qn.jpg

yez4qq.jpg

D335 Runs round at Heywood

Back to Bury then walked back to the tram stop were we once again bumped into Evil Hippo who almost got us on the wrong tram :lol:

We eventually got on the tram/metro whatever sheddy was saying it was worse than a pacer. Then got to Piccadilly and just missed the 1618 to Donny <( 6M60 and sheddy at hour to wait to so went to KFC after saying bye to Evil Hippo. We went nuts and got a family feast buckt thing. Then got a few shots:
yez464.jpg

yez46g.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: Manchester United!!

Finally got to 1718 and got the same 158 as earlier 158750. Got back to Donny at 1900 and waited for sister to pick me up, I saw 60039 on engineers train at 1905 and 60062 on steel at 1908 both never stopped so no picture <(

But good day, Saw double the amount of 20's than sheds, more 60's than sheds so great day 8)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Some nice photos there, I'll upload mine later.

Was it you that Evil_Hippo half introduced to me at Bury? There was a couple of people, both from here I think, but I can't remember who :?

AJP

I didnt no,I only met him yesterday myself, thanks good weather for pics. 8)

lol poor evil_hippo looked like a puppy in an open feild yesterday. far too excited (which scared me a little)

edit i just noticed a typo puupy----> puppy!

Jim

Established Member
Victoria-Louise said:
lol poor evil_hippo looked like a puupy in an open feild yesterday. far too excited (which scared me a little)

nah, he is normally like that :lol: ;)

A lot of jumping & Bumping in the day ;) :lol:

Nice pics AJP...

Ben

RE: the Manchester Utd Train probably a Football special from/to Old Trafford

metrocammel

158 said:

Since when have TPE done football specials to Old Trafford!!! That is done by Northern 323's only. Plus why would a Football Special to Old Trafford be in the terminal platforms at Piccadilly, when the football ground is accessed through the through platforms, unless it was a Piccadilly to Old Trafford via Northwhich and Chester (& reverse)!?! :shock:

I collared Zoltan as he was "prancing! ;) " through the mk1 stock, he then shared some stories / ticket recomendations, and we arrived at Bury, where I met Victoria-Louise and Craig? I then breifly saw Jon, "6M60 Seaton Flasks(?) flailing from the 40. Everyone then had to go home early as they lived so far away, but I stayed till 7 to sample more thumper and a bit more whistling thrash. Today, when I returned for more 40 thrash, I noticed a chav in the (clad with Nike Air tracksuit and matching cap) cab of the 40. I thought whats an ars*hole like that doing getting to be in the best seat?! Anyway, it was a very good weekend of thrashtastic action and mega flailing!! :D My Lordzzz!

Jordy

Established Member
158 said:

Nah, would probably just be a United fan driving ;)

I've also seen a 158 with the destination 'China' before :lol: :lol: (and there was one in an old 'Rail' with the destination set as Singapore :lol:)

Jordy

Coxster

Established Member
As for destination displays, a Class 150 guard asked me and dad if we wanted him to set the display to something 'silly' at Kidderminster. Wouldn't have made much difference to us as we don't really know the West Midlands :lol:

evil_hippo

Craig said:
Some nice photos there, I'll upload mine later.

Was it you that Evil_Hippo half introduced to me at Bury? There was a couple of people, both from here I think, but I can't remember who :?

I knew you already. At about three you were "haf introduced" to metcam though.

metrocammel said:
I collared Zoltan as he was "prancing! ;) " through the mk1 stock, he then shared some stories / ticket recomendations, and we arrived at Bury, where I met Victoria-Louise and Craig? I then breifly saw Jon, "6M60 Seaton Flasks(?) flailing from the 40. Everyone then had to go home early as they lived so far away, but I stayed till 7 to sample more thumper and a bit more whistling thrash. Today, when I returned for more 40 thrash, I noticed a chav in the (clad with Nike Air tracksuit and matching cap) cab of the 40. I thought whats an ars*hole like that doing getting to be in the best seat?! Anyway, it was a very good weekend of thrashtastic action and mega flailing!! :D My Lordzzz!

I met you?? i met somebody?? oh gods im sorry hi... ummm. what time of the day was this was it when i was wrapped up like a snowman cos i was freezing my ***'s off (stupid me with silly low cut tops on) or when i was wandering round thinking mmmmmmmmmm jaffa cakes??

evil_hippo

AJP said:
Back to Bury then walked back to the tram stop were we once again bumped into Evil Hippo who almost got us on the wrong tram :lol:

No, I didn’t. When heading to or from Piccadilly on the Metrolink I simply board the first tram and change where necessary if I need to.

AJP said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Manchester United!!

I POINTED THAT OUT! I SAW THAT FIRST! I SHOWED YOU THAT 158!

AJP

I am a lazy sod im not walking :lol:

I didnt say you never pointed that out calm down :lol:

Victoria-Louise said:
lol poor evil_hippo looked like a puppy in an open feild yesterday. far too excited (which scared me a little)

LOOK PROOF he had his head sticking out the window like a puppy does too

Zoltan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.