• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ELR Nutcases

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Anyone at the ELR English Electic Day? anyone see-
-The man who at about 10mph jumped on the train as the 20's were leaving Bury!!!!

And the the guy that walked on to the track in front of D335 at Rawenstall to get a picture

Absolute idiots!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1K73

And the the guy that walked on to the track in front of D335 at Rawenstall to get a picture

He asked, and was granted permission. He was also an ELR diesel group volunteer.

The man who at about 10mph jumped on the train as the 20's were leaving Bury!!!!

The guard? ;)

David

AJP

Why did the station announcer say 'Can the member of the public who has just crossed the line please return immetiatly' He walked right infront of the 40 with NO hi Viz so obvisly didnt have permisson ;)

Coxster

Established Member
AJP said:
Why did the station announcer say 'Can the member of the public who has just crossed the line please return immetiatly' He walked right infront of the 40 with NO hi Viz so obvisly didnt have permisson ;)
Maybe the station announcer wasn't aware he had been granted permission.

AJP

Surly He would have had a Hi viz jacket on though, soon has he heard it he ran back ;)

Tomnick

Established Member
Got to agree though - special events or 'unusual' workings on preserved railways really do see some stupid behaviour sometimes!

Andy

The man who at about 10mph jumped on the train as the 20's were leaving Bury!!!!

Was that the man with the two cups of tea in his hand that jumped on i was in carrage he got on.

Tomnick

Established Member
andy said:

Was that the man with the two cups of tea in his hand that jumped on i was in carrage he got on.
Had something similar on the North Norfolk - photographer opens door at some speed; guard shouts to him to close the door; photter ignores guard and steps onto platform at some speed; guard walks back after train has stopped...photter goes on to argue with guard, implying that he thinks he's got the right to do what he wants because he's got a camera. Erm...no you don't :roll: .

During the summer, I went to the MR-B (Remember me Baggy?), some guy on the platform made some diabolical hand-signals, which caused the drivers to slam the brakes on. He then made some more terrible hand signals that were appauling. :x

Tomnick

Established Member
47205 said:
some diabolical hand-signals, which caused the drivers to slam the brakes on
Both arms raised above the head, by any chance?

;)

Sprog

Established Member
Dunno why you lot at the top are defending these idiots! :x

Youll be the ones crying when you get one under or some looses a limb or 2 and the HSE come down like a tonne of bricks and demand CDL, window bars, hundereds of other riduculas saftey measures - and thats if the railway in question lucky and doesnt get forced to close altogether. :roll:

AJP

Exactly! If he slipped, then under train he is liklly to be a goner! Events like these would be cancelled.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
spm_43030 said:
Dunno why you lot at the top are defending these idiots! :x

Youll be the ones crying when you get one under or some looses a limb or 2 and the HSE come down like a tonne of bricks and demand CDL, window bars, hundereds of other riduculas saftey measures - and thats if the railway in question lucky and doesnt get forced to close altogether. :roll:
Not sure who "you lot" is, as I read it one person who is a volunteer at the railway said he thought that person had permission. Clearly that was not the case as this person did not have a hi-vis. top. So therefore I can only assume that it was a seperate incident.

Upon reading this topic, I conclude that no-one else has tried to defend any of these actions. On the contrary, all I see is people condemning the actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.