• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ely Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I would say a lot of them will run but I doubt they'll be timed so close in reality. It's been a long time since I've seen anything but a 66 on them.

Good people at Ely, just explain why you're on the end of their platform and you'll get no bother.

tankmc

See photographers at ely all the time so you will not have any issues. As has been said staff are friendly and the station does not have barriers. Platforms are long and rarely are fully used so the end of the platforms are always quiet.

03_179

Established Member
Cheers Guys :)

I have my BR safeguarded passes and GN passes so should be ok. But never know whith the security staff nowadays.

dk1

Veteran Member
Lovely staff at Ely. Shouldn't give you any bother as long as you don't give them cause to. LA Golden Bean best for coffee ;)

GB

Established Member
FRGT (4M23) 1034 Felixstowe North Gbrf to Hams Hall Gbrf is running via London so thats one less you will see.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
If a friend turns up I may end up in a pub.

If you go the Cutter Inn you can sit by the river watching the boats and spotting the trains as they cross the river. The alarms for the nearby level crossing give a handy heads up of when a train is approaching- though you may struggle to see numbers!

johnnyp_360

If you go the Cutter Inn you can sit by the river watching the boats and spotting the trains as they cross the river. The alarms for the nearby level crossing give a handy heads up of when a train is approaching- though you may struggle to see numbers!

Great pub!

Between 17:00 and 19:00 week days is always a good time. Lots of mixed traffic, commuter and freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.