• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ely to Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivoli

Casually picked up NXEA timetable at Ely station, although fully intended to check train times online when I got home. The leaflet shows only NXEA trains between the two destinations, and probably for commercial reasons ignores XC & EM trains that also run in between these points. I fully understand these reasons, but for the casual traveller, thinking of making this journey and believing trains run only every two hours or so, their decision may be to drive instead.
Surely, all the TOCs could end up as losers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

If you pick up the number 17 nxea timetable it shows all services Ely-P/Boro,well it does in the one i have

tivoli

I am looking at timetable 14, but I am pleased there is an alternative.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This does irritate me when I'm travelling away from home. My local Northern timetable shows all services, but in other areas, you simply can't get timetables showing all services! A good example is the East Coast Mainline north of Doncaster - 5 TOCs, but no universal timetable (apart from the NR timetables, but you can't just pick these up easily at the station).

Status
Not open for further replies.