• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Email to Video 125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Video 125 has, over the years produced eight videos of London Underground routes. The entire East London Line, The entire District line spread over two videos. The Hammersmith and City line under the name Metropolitan from Hammersmith as far as Whitechapel. The Central line from Epping to Ealing Broadway. Piccadilly from Cockfosters to Rayners lane and Heathrow. The Jubilee from Stanmore to Stratford. The Northern line from Edgware to Morden and High Barnet to Kennington and the entire Metropolitan line. Of course this is nothing you dont already know however.

Central Line: Hainult to Woodford is not covered.
Central Line: North Acton to West Ruislip is not covered
Hammersmith and City: Whitechapel to Barking however this is covered under the district line.
Waterloo and City line: Not covered.
Victoria Line: Not Covered.
The Circle Line: Not covered however every station is covered on other lines
Bakerloo line: Not covered
Docklands light railway: Not covered, although it could be said not strictly London Underground.

I, as a London Underground enthusiast speaks also for fellow London Underground when i say that we would like a drivers eye view of the entire london underground. Not only does the videos show a drivers eye view it also gives a very detailed account of the line and its history which makes any video, regardless of its situation valuble. The victoria line being entirely underground is no exception to this.

Therefore i would offer the following:

Video 1: Bakerloo Line (Harrow and Wealdstone to Elephant and Castle) 1972 stock

Video 2: Victoria Line (Walthamstow Central to Brixton) 1967 stock

Video 3: Waterloo and City (Waterloo to Bank) 1992 stock. Central line from (North Acton to West Ruislip) and (Hainult to Woodford) also 1992 stock with, if room the Docklands light Railway.

Not to mention the extension to the East london line once it has been completed. I do hope you take these suggestions seriously as, as enthusiasts we find it disappointing that part of the london underground would be covered, but not all.

Yours sincerely,
Benjamin Griffin.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Um, is this what you wrote to V125?

If it is, I would be getting rid of it stariaght away. V125 are working hard making new productions, like the new "Golden Valley" pacer from Swindon to Gloucseter

Jonno2055

I have a couple of video 125 productions, HST west/great west from Exeter to Penzance and of course Intercity Norwich.

Julian G

Established Member
I have-
District & East London Line
Piccadilly Line
Metropolitan Line
Jubilee Line
Wessex Electric DVD
Brighton Speed Run

yay, i got a reply:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your email. If you look at our website newspage you will see
that we are planning to film the Bakerloo line and Waterloo and City. In the
event that we are not allowed to film on the Paris Metro this year we may
bring the above forward. It will be called "Bakerloo and City".

There is no intention of filming the Victoria line or the Central Woodford
branch. North Acton to West Ruislip is covered in Chiltern Take Two. The DLR
is one to think about long term but the trouble is that enthusiasts can get
the driver's view so to speak for real by riding in the front. This means it
is unlikely to be commercially viable. LUL charge £300 per hour of filming.
In the case of the EL&D we had to film at 53 separate stations alone!

I hope that answers your questions.

Jim

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
This means it
is unlikely to be commercially viable. LUL charge £300 per hour of filming.

That seems to be quite a lot!!!!! HOW MUCH!!!!! I see why they have to price them carefully

Edit - TB - yes, it is a lot, but no need to start with the swearing :).

Tom B

Established Member
I suppose it's a thing of supply / demand. If people will pay £300 an hour, LU will charge it.

Jim

Established Member
:lol: Sorry Tom, was actually suffering from shock, I would of thought, because it was publicity for them, it would be less to say the least

Tom B

Established Member
Mhmm, but if someone wants to film on the tube and will pay you for it, are you going to let them get it for free ;)?

Jim

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Mhmm, but if someone wants to film on the tube and will pay you for it, are you going to let them get it for free ;)?
But do they actually want to pay for it?

Tom B

Established Member
They might not, but they *will* pay - look at Video125, then think of all the other film companies / news reporters etc.

Driver74

I have-
District & East London Line
Piccadilly Line
Metropolitan Line
Jubilee Line
Wessex Electric DVD
Brighton Speed Run

I am a little surprised at not seeing V125's two excellent Eurostar videos mentioned. I actually kept awake for both of them.

My dream of course would be seeing drivers eye views of some of the main line SBB routes in Switzerland in view of the narrow gauge tourist routes having already been well covered. One I have in mind is the Interlaken to Berlin route in the ICE train. Now that’s a train to travel on, even if only to feel the comfort of the ride not to mention the silence. Only one train a day in each direction but a journey you will never forget?

Turbostar

There's another new one coming soon which I'm looking forward to, Aberdeen to Inverness! That should be something. :)

Mart

Btw, North London Line is on the cards as well apparently.

D306

Established Member
good news! i was told at the london moddeling railway show at alexandra palace that they are going to, in the summer, make the Bakerloo line. it shall be released on dvd around december this year, or january next year

Bill EWS

Hi,
There is already an Aberdeen to Inverness Video. It's by Railscene (Cab Ride No. 19.). It was taken on a class 47 with the driver making numerous comments as they progress. I know they willk probably produce a better quality DVD today, but it's still a good video and at a more interesting time than the present day Unit and very empty railway landscape. The route is virtually fully complete with just a few momentary emissions here and there.

Cheers.

BillEWS.

mbonwick

Established Member
I have never heard of V125! Sounds like I should be getting some of their productions. ;) what have I been missing out on:?:

Bill EWS

Cheers, Dennis,
That should have been 'omissions' obvioulsy. You don't see it but at the time of the video I exepect the Class 47 would have been in a bit of a run-down state and I'm sure a fair bit of 'clagg' would have been forethcoming!!! Still, it's a great video and well worth searching out. It's also before the restrictive rules of privatisation and the camera crew and the driver were very relaxed and enjoying to trip.

One of the old jokes that the driver brought up was about Kintore station, which was the junction for the Alford branch. The locals pronounce Alford as A'fart, which is from the Gaidhlig. As the train pulled into Kintore station the platform porter would be heard calling "Kintore, Kintore, change for A'fart".

BillEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.