• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emergency Services Incident on GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Anyone got any info on what caused the cancellation of today's 8:55 GC Wakefield Kirkgate to London ?

The chap at the station mentioned an "emergency services" incident but didn't have any other info.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yesterday's afternoon Sunderland to Kings Cross was cancelled after hitting a person in the Yarm area it was then terminated at York later that evening. I wonder if that train was supposed to end up in Bradford and as it didn't there was no stock available to run the train?

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Maybe that's it if the train's sustained damage.

That said, one would have thought it would be relatively straight forward to get from York to Crofton.

Last edited:

JN114

Established Member
Anyone got any info on what caused the cancellation of today's 8:55 GC Wakefield Kirkgate to London ?

The chap at the station mentioned an "emergency services" incident but didn't have any other info.

Emergency Services dealing with an Incident is the current ATOC delay reason for "Person hit by train" - New guidance came out from ATOC early in the year requiring all Train Operators to use that and very non-specific locations to stop "advertising the railway as a means of suicide". Several TOCs have now formally rejected these guidelines as it is confusing and misleading to customers.

I don't know where GC/VTEC stand on the matter, although with such a small fleet if one of their sets was involved in such an incident I suspect there may end up being cancellations to cover if one of their sets is unavailable due to post- incident checks/repairs.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Maybe that's it if the train's sustained damage.

That said, one would have thought it would be relatively straight forward to get from York to Crofton.

It did indeed go ECS from York to Crofton.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Emergency Services dealing with an Incident is the current ATOC delay reason for "Person hit by train" - New guidance came out from ATOC early in the year requiring all Train Operators to use that and very non-specific locations to stop "advertising the railway as a means of suicide". Several TOCs have now formally rejected these guidelines as it is confusing and misleading to customers.

I don't know where GC/VTEC stand on the matter, although with such a small fleet if one of their sets was involved in such an incident I suspect there may end up being cancellations to cover if one of their sets is unavailable due to post- incident checks/repairs.

Not solely that reason, though which further confuses the situation.

infobleep

Veteran Member

Earlier today South West Trains used person hit by train for one service and emergency services dealing with an incident for the rest. It was the same incident for all.

My through go out to all those involved.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.