• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emirates Air Line & Oyster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

In case anyone was wondering, this is how credit is deducted from your Oyster card on the Emirates Airline (attached).

So it would appear the entry barriers deduct £3.20 immediately and the exit barrier deduct £0.00. This was also confirmed by the balance shown on the gate: £0.00 on the entry touch.

This leads me to assume that's why you can't do a return on Oyster without touching out. Because you'll only be charged £3.20.

These deductions also don't show up on the online journey history.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 32
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The other possibility is that same station exits at cable car gatelines would trigger an additional deduction of £3.20

Brucey

I asked the staff if I could do a round trip on Oyster and their answer was no, unless I touched out at the other end.

The system didn't even record the "station" where I entered/exited. On the LU machines, the transaction simply showed as "Purchase made with Pre-Pay credit".

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I asked the staff if I could do a round trip on Oyster and their answer was no, unless I touched out at the other end.

The system didn't even record the "station" where I entered/exited. On the LU machines, the transaction simply showed as "Purchase made with Pre-Pay credit".

OK. I didn't realise that there is some background to this.

The question can now be asked as to why such a simple solution was not implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.