• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emirates Air Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
That is correct, give it a while and I should imagine it will be :smile: That isn't in the foreseeable future. Using a travelcard does give you discount off of your Boarding Pass.

TP

Didn't think so. Thanks for that anyway :)

bicbasher

Established Member
Afaik when the east London line reopened as lo they gave out free travel cards

Indeed, I was given a zone 1-6 travelcard on LUL stock. Although it could be possible those were subsidised by the TOC operating the LO concessionery.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Oh good. Another thing for the press to get excited about!

I bet they were disappointed it was only 30 minutes and nobody died.

Skimble19

Established Member
At least they'll have had plenty of time to enjoy the views! Can't say I'd have enjoyed it much tho if that guys tweets were correct that they werent told anything..

bicbasher

Established Member
Whenever I bought travelcards from corner shops, they were always blank pieces of card with two rubber stamps applied with the date. I guess that some of the bigget corner shops had an actual printer?

They had chunky black touch screen printers, which printed out travelcards and bus passes. They were also used at the London Travel Information Centre's operated by TfL at various locations.

Oyster Ticket shops now use portable printers which only sell Oyster products.

I travelled on the cable car yesterday, but as I didn't require the booking office as I used Oyster PAYG, I couldn't see if Emirates inherited the old Ticket Stop printers.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't remember what ticket issuing system they use, but what did make me laugh was the wireless handheld chip and pin readers, like you get in a restaurant, that the staff struggled to pass through the tray under the ticket office glass :lol:

Also I've noticed that Oyster journeys do not show up on Oyster online, and when you view your history on ticket machines it shows up as a £3.20 "purchase."

bicbasher

Established Member
Also I've noticed that Oyster journeys do not show up on Oyster online, and when you view your history on ticket machines it shows up as a £3.20 "purchase."

That's changed now too.

adeXl4Jo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.