• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Employee/Work Shuttles

Status
Not open for further replies.

markymark2000

On Moderation
I have started a list of employee and work buses. I have got a good amount of routes so far and hopefully people here can assist in filling the list.

It is linked on Google Sheets purely because this thread would be never ending if I posted the tables here. I have split the routes into 4 categories.
Home - Workplace - Routes here specifically contracted work buses which generally have more stops and at least 1 stop is not a Park and Ride, Bus Station or Train Station.
Interchange - Workplace - Routes here are specifically contracted work buses which only call at a Park & Ride site, Bus Station or Train Station
Local Bus Services - Routes here are registered as a local bus route. Unless otherwise stated, all of the routes in this category should be able to be used by the public to make their a journey.
Internal Work Shuttle - This is for buses which don't pick up anywhere except the companies sites or just does a loop of the site if it is a large site. This can include park and rides just outside if it is part of a normal service.

Where the information is known, I have put the operator. If applicable and again, if known, the primary contractor is noted. The primary contractor being NETS, First Travel Solutions, Zeelo etc. The contractor, is the person to contact with regards to the service and and booking seats. The operator is purely put in for enthusiasts.

If anyone can fill any gaps, it would be greatly appreciated and hopefully this helps a few people who want to spot buses in obscure places and job seekers to spot where an unadvertised bus may run. That said, I take not responsibility for any wrong information and do not rely upon this list for a job or bus spotting, please do some of your own research as well. This is merely there to assist.

RULES:
There must be some evidence online that the service runs recently (so within the past few months) and believed to still run (Buses currently Covid suspended are not included. These can be included as/when these routes restart).
Any services must have a return run. No 'only to work' services. People must be able to return on the same service.
For local bus services, if the bus runs quite regularly, the primary use for the bus has to be for the workplaces. The route/route group should not be a normal bus providing local travel for local people but happens to pass through an industrial estate. That said, diversions at certain times to specifically to serve an industrial estate (for example) do count. Perhaps use some common sense on this.
Bus operator staff routes are not included. This includes home-depot and depot-depot routes. I say this because the lists would be endless.
Uni buses are also not included.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Walkers Shortbread run buses from various locations to their Aberlour site:

we offer free transport to our Aberlour site from various locations including: Buckie, Keith, Lossiemouth, Elgin, Rothes, Craigellachie, Dufftown, Lhanbryde, Mosstodloch, Fochabers, and Portgordon
I'm not sure exactly how many buses are run, or whether they use the same contractor for each route, but the Lossiemouth and Elgin journey is operated by John C Keir coaches and has been for many years. I assume this bus would pick up in Rothes as it's on the way from Elgin to Aberlour.

Established Member
Notts and Derby run the 2 between Derby and Moy Park near Ashboune and is timetabled to stop at any stop on route.

Midland Classic introduced some early/late 12E services at the last timetable change I think for people working at Fradley Park near Lichfield. Probably won't count as there are also other 12E services in the day. Not sure if they still run but Midland Classic ran some services for Boots in Burton.

jamesst

I'm pretty sure I've seen Stagecoach Wirral run some special buses for Cammel Lairds in Birkenhead. I can't seem to find much information on them, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

markymark2000

On Moderation
Pretty sure I've seen Stagecoach Wirral run some special buses for Cammel Lairds in Birkenhead, can't seem to find much information on them though
I know they did but I can't find any info on them still running. They used to track online so either tracking has been removed or the buses have stopped for covid. Where possible, I have kept services off which are suspended incase they don't return.

Walkers Shortbread run buses from various locations to their Aberlour site:

I'm not sure exactly how many buses are run, or whether they use the same contractor for each route, but the Lossiemouth and Elgin journey is operated by John C Keir coaches and has been for many years. I assume this bus would pick up in Rothes as it's on the way from Elgin to Aberlour.
Thank you. I have added in the one which is known about. I'll do some digging and see if I can find info on the other routes.

Notts and Derby run the 2 between Derby and Moy Park near Ashboune and is timetabled to stop at any stop on route.

Midland Classic introduced some early/late 12E services at the last timetable change I think for people working at Fradley Park near Lichfield. Probably won't count as there are also other 12E services in the day. Not sure if they still run but Midland Classic ran some services for Boots in Burton.
12E is an interesting one. It does work around shift times but it is in the route group with the 12 which runs through the park hourly. It's kind of like the Deeside Industrial Estate 5, it just happens to go through Fradley Park and provide those links (even with the timings), it doesn't go out of it's way to serve the area. I think I would edge onto it doesn't count.
Boots buses, I can't see anything recent for them. I can see stuff for 2018 but nothing more recent. There was a news article last year which Boots replied that they have staff at bus stops in Birmingham to keep people distanced etc. If there is any proof on the internet of the current timetables and route, I am happy to include them. Each route which is included has current online presence. Some of the routes, the only trace of them is on bustimes when the bus tracks doing the route, I am happy to take that as proof but I can't seem to find that either for the Boots buses.

Last edited:

markymark2000

On Moderation

LiviCrazy

Anything more recent than 2017? I've been on the National Express page which has all of their Amazon contracts on an Dunfermline wasn't included. Is it with a new supplier or no longer operate?
Sorry. Never realised the date.

Various sites news sites talk of a shuttle that runs from Halbeath Park and Ride (few articles from November 2020 about local residents complaining about parking in their area). Don’t know who runs it though.

Didn’t Lothian Buses and a few others pick up contracts last year? They may have been temporary contracts though

Highlandspring

Established Member
Aviva used to run a shuttle (operated by Stagecoach) between Perth city centre and their office at Cherrybank, though I haven’t noticed any recently so I’m not sure if it still runs. Similarly Prudential used to run a frequent shuttle between Stirling city centre and their office at Craigforth but I’ve not been in Stirling since 2019 so couldn’t say whether or not it still runs.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
12E is an interesting one. It does work around shift times but it is in the route group with the 12 which runs through the park hourly. It's kind of like the Deeside Industrial Estate 5, it just happens to go through Fradley Park and provide those links (even with the timings), it doesn't go out of it's way to serve the area.
They're your rules so you can decide if they fit in.

The 12E is targeted at Fradley Park staff (but not a single employer) as you say. Hence why you see the first bus from Burton getting in there, then down in Lichfield so it can bring folks from there, all ready for 0600; then the reverse happens for those finishing night shifts plus the evening runs for those night shift workers going into work at 8 or 10. So they are undoubtedly fast extras for Fradley workers even if they do add to the overall 12/X12 group of services. Perhaps ones that don't fit the criteria are the 765/766 Nuneaton to Tamworth where there are clearly early morning journeys laid on for Amazon and the big employers at Birch Coppice but they're just extras on top of the regular daytime service.

A long standing one is the 55 (was 50) from Northampton to Pineham/Swan Valley. Runs hourly and whilst it runs up the Daventry Road to Sixfields, it really is only for workersat the Sainsbury and Morrisons distribution centres (and various other warehouses).

ps can't open the file because of my internet security (in case I've listed something already captured)

madannie77

The Stagecoach in Cumbria bus to Center Parcs Whinfell Forest is the 104, not 103 as listed on your Google Sheet.

I think there is at least one employees' bus service to Center Parcs from West Cumbria operated by Spencer Graham Coaches, but I can find no details.

Stagecoach also operates (or did in April 2020) the Park & Ride service from Workington and Cleator to Sellafield for Sellafield Ltd, having taken over from Reays. There would appear to be services from many places in West Cumbria to Sellafield, but the only timetable I have found so far is for the Park & Ride from Kangol in Cleator.

Park & Ride Timetable: https://assets.publishing.service.g...tachment_data/file/768545/Kangol_services.pdf

The service operates from Workington, Cockermouth, Lillyhall, Whitehaven, Frizington, Cleator Moor, Egremont, Gosforth, Seascale and Millom, as well as stops along these routes.

Buses will remain free from the following park and ride locations – Kangol, Egremont and Greengarth (including stops after these locations).

guildford

I think that the Stagecoach South bus route number 25 from Barfoots Of Botley in Sefter Bottom to Portsmouth via Chichester is one of these services. This is a local bus service which anyone can board and pay a fare to use if you do not work there.

Big Lemon in Brighton also run a bunch of routes for Legal & General which are also work routes. Although these are private and not available to the public.

If i remember correctly there are also a bunch of work routes in Leatherhead run by various operators. These are also all private and not available to the public.

Dai Corner

Established Member
How about the H59 between Cardiff East Park & Ride and the University Hospital of Wales, operated by Cardiff Bus?

This is free and runs every 10 mins from 0630-2300. It's open to the public as well as staff. You can change at the hospital for the city centre or other destinations so a de facto transport hub has been created!

jammy36

Sorry if some of these are on your list. I couldn't obviously see them, but I'm viewing your sheet in a phone.

ASD Coaches operate various staff buses for Amazon from Maidstone and Medway, but I don't know precise details of routes.

There is a shuttle bus from Winchester Station to Arqiva Crawley Court (was and maybe still is run by Lucketts).

Also a shuttle bus between Farnborough (town/station) and Farnborough Business Park (Cobra Corporate services)

Cobra also provide the Cambridge Research Park shuttle.

Thames Travel provide various bus services for Milton Park.

Shuttle bus from Weybridge Station to The Heights (was, maybe still is Courtney/Thames Valley)

Complimentary bus service between Basingstoke (town/station) and Chineham Park (again was, maybe still is Courtney/Thames Valley)

WX1, WX2 and WX3 various permutations of shuttle bus for Wessex Water from Old Down P&R and Bath.

Kings Ferry operate a shuttle service for students and staff for intercampus travel for the University of Kent.

Indeed, intercampus buses (that include free staff transport) is a big category - there are lots if others in and around London, e.g. for University of Greenwich, University of West London, Kingston University, Imperial College London.

Also, there are some regular services that also provide staff transport such as Arriva's 6x between Maidstone and Pembury hospitals for which there is an NHS travel scheme arrangement. This probably falls out if scope, but I think the service used to be part subsidised for this purpose.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Sorry. Never realised the date.

Various sites news sites talk of a shuttle that runs from Halbeath Park and Ride (few articles from November 2020 about local residents complaining about parking in their area). Don’t know who runs it though.

Didn’t Lothian Buses and a few others pick up contracts last year? They may have been temporary contracts though

They were temporary and ran until January IIRC. There's still two buses on it ran by Zeelo - i'm not sure which operator does it on their behalf though (Ratho Coaches perhaps?).

175mph

On Moderation
Stagecoach run a service between Hull and Wren Kitchens in Barton numbered 255.

Andyh82

Established Member
There are various routes that various operators in Newcastle run to Benton Park DWP offices.

Also, although I'm not sure they will count, there are various peak hour services to Team Valley Business Park in Gateshead.

darloscott

The BP Sunbury, Pinewood & I believe Shepperton Studios buses are all run by PassengerPlus, who also run a contract for GSK from Brentford station with 2 Streetlites.
There are also various work buses around Heathrow, both contracted to Heathrow itself (operated primarily by Menzies) and the BA staff buses (BA1/2/5, CR1, PR1, P&R) which was (probably still is?) run by National Express.

pepperpot80

A few that spring to mind:
  • Swindon's Bus Company run a network of routes for the Nationwide Building Society's Croft Campus
  • Plymouth Citybus' 21 and 21A provide service from the city centre to the EE/BT contact centre at Chaddlewood with specific staff arrangements
  • Carousel are contracted to run a private shuttle to Johnson & Johnson employees, between High Wycombe station and the J&J offices by the M40
  • Oxford Bus Company run the 11X from the city centre to the BMW plant (doubling as an Oxford Bus Company staff shuttle)
  • London Central run a staff bus from Battersea Power Station worksite to Vauxhall Bus Station
  • No one has yet mentioned the Hinkley Point buses! Somerset Passenger Solutions is the joint venture running these
  • Stagecoach has the Sellafield shuttle buses
  • Arriva Fastway serves the Sainsbury's and Amazon LCY3 distribution centre by the Dartford Crossing

rich.davies

In Wrexham we have the Pats Coaches PC1/PC2 buses.

PC1- Southsea - Rackery Lane (Llay Industrial Estate) 1 Morning departure 07:05 and 1 Afternoon return departure 16:35. This route also serves the villages of Coedpoeth, Brynteg, Gwersyllt & Bradley.

PC2 - Gatewen - Rackery Lane (Llay Industrial Estate) 1 Morning Departure 07:00 and 1 Afternoon return departure 16:35. This route serves Wrexham Brook Street, Hightown, The Queensway, Wrexham Bus Station & Rhosddu Industrial Estate.

Locally/historically, both these routes are known as the Sharp's (electronics) buses but i belive the general public can board them to access other employers on the Llay Industrial Estate as the regular Arriva 33 service only serves the village of Llay.

Aictos

Established Member
Grant Palmer operates the CX which runs between Amazon Dunstable and Luton Railway Station via White Lion Park.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
E.ON used to run employee buses to Ratcliffe on Soar power station. Not sure if they still do.

guildford

Another route i have remembered is the UB1 which is a private contract open to all University Of Brighton staff and students. It is for staff as well as students so this one may count too. It is currently operated by Lucketts Coaches but was previously operated by Compass Bus and by Big Lemon before that.

cnjb8

Established Member
Stagecoach operate an electric Yutong from Leamington on a National Grid staff contract.

Roger1973

A few in Berkshire -

Reading Buses route 6 (Reading Station - Whitley Wood) has journeys as route 6a either to / from or via the Tesco Distribution Centre in south Reading at shift change times. During the lockdown / maximum social distancing rules on buses, this had a number of duplicate buses, some from 'wrong colour' routes, including one that turned from a 6a in to a 17 in the town centre (there may have been a similar one the other way round for the early morning shift change, but not something I was around to notice...) Not quite sure if the 'odd workings' were spare buses on a day to day basis, or scheduled that way, presumably where drivers on other routes had spare time.

Reading Buses have (contract not public) route H1 between Reading Town Centre (station and car parks) and Royal Berkshire Hospital, for NHS staff only. This started at some stage during the Covid lockdown (when regular bus services were reduced) but it's still operating - seems to be daytime and evening, but the timetable is of course not public. Seems usually to be an Optare Solo bus.

Reading Buses did run an employee shuttle in Reading Town Centre for company IQVIA, again believe this was contract not public and never saw timetables for it, think it was only peak hours although may have been lunch time as well. Used to be a fairly anonymous mini-bus. I have not seen this since lockdown started, so not sure if it's suspended or ended.

Reading Buses route X3 is an express service (via the A33) between Reading Town Centre and Woods plc office at 'Shinfield Park' (former Shire Hall) - this is in public timetables so presume it's registered service. Seems to be 'against peak flow' journeys with buses from the 'Leopard 3' route.

Reading Buses (Newbury depot) used to run a network of (contract not public) routes to and from the Vodafone HQ on the northern fringes of Newbury, including a regular shuttle to / from Newbury railway station and town centre. This has shrunk a bit over the years, and believe it's currently suspended, there are rumours of it coming back in some form in September, but it may not be the same network as before (the plain red liveried buses seem mostly to be on loan to Bournemouth Yellow Buses for the summer.)

Stewarts Coaches (previously Stewarts of Mortimer) do a service linking Reading Station / town centre with Thames Valley Park, to the east of Reading, but this may not count as it serves multiple businesses at a business park. Likewise Reading Buses 50 and 600 to Green Park / Reading International Business Park off the A33 south of Reading (these routes partly replaced the complex 'Greenwave' network last year.)

I haven't been through Bracknell in the peak hours recently, but a year or two back, there was quite a variety of small coaches (can remember Fernhill Travel, but one or two others) doing shuttle services between Bracknell Station and a number of local businesses - the Western Business area is (or was) home to a few 'high tech' companies, and have also seen a mini-bus liveried for Waitrose (they have major office and distribution centre on the outskirts of Bracknell.)

riceuten

There's the whole University of Hertfordshire Uno network (unobus.info)...

markymark2000

On Moderation
Aviva used to run a shuttle (operated by Stagecoach) between Perth city centre and their office at Cherrybank, though I haven’t noticed any recently so I’m not sure if it still runs. Similarly Prudential used to run a frequent shuttle between Stirling city centre and their office at Craigforth but I’ve not been in Stirling since 2019 so couldn’t say whether or not it still runs.
Can't find anything online for them.

The Stagecoach in Cumbria bus to Center Parcs Whinfell Forest is the 104, not 103 as listed on your Google Sheet.
I think there is at least one employees' bus service to Center Parcs from West Cumbria operated by Spencer Graham Coaches, but I can find no details.

Stagecoach also operates (or did in April 2020) the Park & Ride service from Workington and Cleator to Sellafield for Sellafield Ltd, having taken over from Reays. There would appear to be services from many places in West Cumbria to Sellafield, but the only timetable I have found so far is for the Park & Ride from Kangol in Cleator.

Park & Ride Timetable: https://assets.publishing.service.g...tachment_data/file/768545/Kangol_services.pdf

Updated the 103 to 104.

Is the Park and Ride timetable the same now or is that just the old one from 2019?
I trust Sellafield buses are the same as the Walkers Shortbread ones above which have no online details other than just listing towns which the buses serve?

I think that the Stagecoach South bus route number 25 from Barfoots Of Botley in Sefter Bottom to Portsmouth via Chichester is one of these services. This is a local bus service which anyone can board and pay a fare to use if you do not work there.

Big Lemon in Brighton also run a bunch of routes for Legal & General which are also work routes. Although these are private and not available to the public.

If i remember correctly there are also a bunch of work routes in Leatherhead run by various operators. These are also all private and not available to the public.
Added the 25
Legal and General Brighton is currently suspended as I think the Leatherhead buses are.

How about the H59 between Cardiff East Park & Ride and the University Hospital of Wales, operated by Cardiff Bus?

This is free and runs every 10 mins from 0630-2300. It's open to the public as well as staff. You can change at the hospital for the city centre or other destinations so a de facto transport hub has been created!
Is it meant to be a staff bus or general public bus? Hmm.

Sorry if some of these are on your list. I couldn't obviously see them, but I'm viewing your sheet in a phone.

ASD Coaches operate various staff buses for Amazon from Maidstone and Medway, but I don't know precise details of routes.

There is a shuttle bus from Winchester Station to Arqiva Crawley Court (was and maybe still is run by Lucketts).

Also a shuttle bus between Farnborough (town/station) and Farnborough Business Park (Cobra Corporate services)

Cobra also provide the Cambridge Research Park shuttle.

Thames Travel provide various bus services for Milton Park.

Shuttle bus from Weybridge Station to The Heights (was, maybe still is Courtney/Thames Valley)

Complimentary bus service between Basingstoke (town/station) and Chineham Park (again was, maybe still is Courtney/Thames Valley)

WX1, WX2 and WX3 various permutations of shuttle bus for Wessex Water from Old Down P&R and Bath.

Kings Ferry operate a shuttle service for students and staff for intercampus travel for the University of Kent.

Indeed, intercampus buses (that include free staff transport) is a big category - there are lots if others in and around London, e.g. for University of Greenwich, University of West London, Kingston University, Imperial College London.

Also, there are some regular services that also provide staff transport such as Arriva's 6x between Maidstone and Pembury hospitals for which there is an NHS travel scheme arrangement. This probably falls out if scope, but I think the service used to be part subsidised for this purpose.
I can't find anything for Amazon Maidstone and Medway. Arquiva I can find a 2016 timetable. Is this the same now and still ran? Similarly the Cambridge bus, I can't find anything recent for it.
Farnborough is now added.
Thames Travel, Milton Park, I would say doesn't count as the buses are all longer distance buses with other main purposes. They are diverted but do so at all times, not just for shifts.
Basingstoke is included.
Is Wessex Water a closed bus or open public bus?
Intercampus buses, is that another topic perhaps which could be looked at? It links employees/workers but at the same time, it's main purpose is for students, staff is just a bonus.
What would you class the 6X as? How much is funded by the NHS? IT looks like a route which has other purposes but is it similar to the Deeside Shuttles in that it is a local bus service but it's primary purpose is the hospitals?

Stagecoach run a service between Hull and Wren Kitchens in Barton numbered 255.
Added. Are the 255 and 355 local bus services which are open for all?

There are various routes that various operators in Newcastle run to Benton Park DWP offices.

Also, although I'm not sure they will count, there are various peak hour services to Team Valley Business Park in Gateshead.
I'll add them to my list. Thank you.

The BP Sunbury, Pinewood & I believe Shepperton Studios buses are all run by PassengerPlus, who also run a contract for GSK from Brentford station with 2 Streetlites.
There are also various work buses around Heathrow, both contracted to Heathrow itself (operated primarily by Menzies) and the BA staff buses (BA1/2/5, CR1, PR1, P&R) which was (probably still is?) run by National Express.
Cheers for them mate.
Do you have any more information on the Menzies bus or the BA staff bus timetables? I can see the routes on a National Express site but nothing more in depth than showing routes.

A few that spring to mind:
  • Swindon's Bus Company run a network of routes for the Nationwide Building Society's Croft Campus
  • Plymouth Citybus' 21 and 21A provide service from the city centre to the EE/BT contact centre at Chaddlewood with specific staff arrangements
  • Carousel are contracted to run a private shuttle to Johnson & Johnson employees, between High Wycombe station and the J&J offices by the M40
  • Oxford Bus Company run the 11X from the city centre to the BMW plant (doubling as an Oxford Bus Company staff shuttle)
  • London Central run a staff bus from Battersea Power Station worksite to Vauxhall Bus Station
  • No one has yet mentioned the Hinkley Point buses! Somerset Passenger Solutions is the joint venture running these
  • Stagecoach has the Sellafield shuttle buses
  • Arriva Fastway serves the Sainsbury's and Amazon LCY3 distribution centre by the Dartford Crossing
Swindon Nationwide are closed services aren't they?
Plymouth Citybus 21/21A I don't think I can include as they aren't specific works buses, Just local bus routes which happen to go past the contact centre.
Johnson & Johnson, any information online?
11X, it is a bus company shuttle I guess.
Battersea Power Station, does this still run? Looking online, their website has no reference to it.
Hinkley Point and Sellafield, any route or timetable information online?
Arriva Fastway I think is just coincidence.

In Wrexham we have the Pats Coaches PC1/PC2 buses.

PC1- Southsea - Rackery Lane (Llay Industrial Estate) 1 Morning departure 07:05 and 1 Afternoon return departure 16:35. This route also serves the villages of Coedpoeth, Brynteg, Gwersyllt & Bradley.

PC2 - Gatewen - Rackery Lane (Llay Industrial Estate) 1 Morning Departure 07:00 and 1 Afternoon return departure 16:35. This route serves Wrexham Brook Street, Hightown, The Queensway, Wrexham Bus Station & Rhosddu Industrial Estate.

Locally/historically, both these routes are known as the Sharp's (electronics) buses but i belive the general public can board them to access other employers on the Llay Industrial Estate as the regular Arriva 33 service only serves the village of Llay.
Added these. Thank you.

Skills operate a contract from Derby to the Amazon warehouse in Coalville
Any details online?

Grant Palmer operates the CX which runs between Amazon Dunstable and Luton Railway Station via White Lion Park.
Can this count on the basis that it runs all day, not just shift times. Does Amazon have a lot of shifts there?

X70 (renumbered X13 from 29th August) Hams Hall diversion.
Added into the list. Thank you.

E.ON used to run employee buses to Ratcliffe on Soar power station. Not sure if they still do.
Any details online?

They're your rules so you can decide if they fit in.

The 12E is targeted at Fradley Park staff (but not a single employer) as you say. Hence why you see the first bus from Burton getting in there, then down in Lichfield so it can bring folks from there, all ready for 0600; then the reverse happens for those finishing night shifts plus the evening runs for those night shift workers going into work at 8 or 10. So they are undoubtedly fast extras for Fradley workers even if they do add to the overall 12/X12 group of services. Perhaps ones that don't fit the criteria are the 765/766 Nuneaton to Tamworth where there are clearly early morning journeys laid on for Amazon and the big employers at Birch Coppice but they're just extras on top of the regular daytime service.

A long standing one is the 55 (was 50) from Northampton to Pineham/Swan Valley. Runs hourly and whilst it runs up the Daventry Road to Sixfields, it really is only for workersat the Sainsbury and Morrisons distribution centres (and various other warehouses).

ps can't open the file because of my internet security (in case I've listed something already captured)
I've included the 55 but I am unsure why it runs so often if it's only meant for the warehouses and distribution centres. Seems a bit odd.

Stagecoach operate an electric Yutong from Leamington on a National Grid staff contract.
Added in. Thank you.

A few in Berkshire -

Reading Buses route 6 (Reading Station - Whitley Wood) has journeys as route 6a either to / from or via the Tesco Distribution Centre in south Reading at shift change times. During the lockdown / maximum social distancing rules on buses, this had a number of duplicate buses, some from 'wrong colour' routes, including one that turned from a 6a in to a 17 in the town centre (there may have been a similar one the other way round for the early morning shift change, but not something I was around to notice...) Not quite sure if the 'odd workings' were spare buses on a day to day basis, or scheduled that way, presumably where drivers on other routes had spare time.

Reading Buses have (contract not public) route H1 between Reading Town Centre (station and car parks) and Royal Berkshire Hospital, for NHS staff only. This started at some stage during the Covid lockdown (when regular bus services were reduced) but it's still operating - seems to be daytime and evening, but the timetable is of course not public. Seems usually to be an Optare Solo bus.

Reading Buses did run an employee shuttle in Reading Town Centre for company IQVIA, again believe this was contract not public and never saw timetables for it, think it was only peak hours although may have been lunch time as well. Used to be a fairly anonymous mini-bus. I have not seen this since lockdown started, so not sure if it's suspended or ended.

Reading Buses route X3 is an express service (via the A33) between Reading Town Centre and Woods plc office at 'Shinfield Park' (former Shire Hall) - this is in public timetables so presume it's registered service. Seems to be 'against peak flow' journeys with buses from the 'Leopard 3' route.

Reading Buses (Newbury depot) used to run a network of (contract not public) routes to and from the Vodafone HQ on the northern fringes of Newbury, including a regular shuttle to / from Newbury railway station and town centre. This has shrunk a bit over the years, and believe it's currently suspended, there are rumours of it coming back in some form in September, but it may not be the same network as before (the plain red liveried buses seem mostly to be on loan to Bournemouth Yellow Buses for the summer.)

Stewarts Coaches (previously Stewarts of Mortimer) do a service linking Reading Station / town centre with Thames Valley Park, to the east of Reading, but this may not count as it serves multiple businesses at a business park. Likewise Reading Buses 50 and 600 to Green Park / Reading International Business Park off the A33 south of Reading (these routes partly replaced the complex 'Greenwave' network last year.)

I haven't been through Bracknell in the peak hours recently, but a year or two back, there was quite a variety of small coaches (can remember Fernhill Travel, but one or two others) doing shuttle services between Bracknell Station and a number of local businesses - the Western Business area is (or was) home to a few 'high tech' companies, and have also seen a mini-bus liveried for Waitrose (they have major office and distribution centre on the outskirts of Bracknell.)
6A, H1 & X3 have just been added.

Vodafone I think I will leave on hold for now until we get some confirmation it's future.

TVP I have included. While it is a business park, the park is a workplace and some kind of work shuttle bus since it's main use is for the workers on site. Green Park has been added as has the 600 for the RIBP.

Bracnkell, I have done a quick search and nothing has really come up for them.

Thank you to everyone for your contributions so far.
If anyone is able to help on some of the 'available for public' situation, that would be a great help. I know that even on some closed buses, people can use them, just the original contractor isn't too keen on the idea or charging a high premium and not advertising it (like Bath Road Shuttle bus having a £6)

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Don't know if they still run, but the BBC had contracted shuttles between New Broadcasting House and White City Place (formerly the BBC Media Village), and between White City Place and Elstree Studios.

Last tender I can find is from mid-2018 with a proposed 5 year term, with potential for extension for a maximum of 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.