• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Empty train derails at Brighton (15/4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Should the Twitter team really be doing that at this stage or are enough facts know for it to be OK? I wouldn't have thought so.

The tweeters wouldn't be doing it without approval at the highest level.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I must commend the majority of passengers I spoke to yesterday, who were very good-natured and understanding. We are lucky to have such a good proportion of decent people using our network at times like this. Yes, there will have been some very angry people around, but from what I saw on my reasonably wide-reaching travels yesterday, it was firmly the case that passengers and staff were mostly helping each other.

Hmm. Lots of abuse directed at the pink army at London Bridge last night. Which given that something like 90% of Departures left on time or thereabouts, was somewhat unfair.

infobleep

Veteran Member

Hmm. Lots of abuse directed at the pink army at London Bridge last night. Which given that something like 90% of Departures left on time or thereabouts, was somewhat unfair.
That is unfair. Surprised such a high number left on time, given the amount of delays and cancellations I was seeing on the NRE online departure board for Clapham Junction and even Haywards Heath. Not London Bridge per say I was expecting a similar experience at London Bridge. Perhaps it faired better.

tsr

Established Member

I should certainly hope not!

Weird, because I was there in the high peak and heard no such thing (and I was, shall we say, well within range of the firing line!). I guess that shows how broadly perceptions differ, perhaps between different crowds.

grid56126

I know the reason given via Tyrell, the only thing is in my belief the reason could have been caused by any number of factors and until the RAIB finish their investigation we won't know for sure what caused it.

Why did the RAIB attend to a derailment of an ECS at low speed with little or no risk to passengers, or put another way, did the RAIB actually attend?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Why did the RAIB attend to a derailment of an ECS at low speed with little or no risk to passengers, or put another way, did the RAIB actually attend?

There's a difference between attending and investigating. (AIUI they did not attend).

Zoidberg

Established Member
From what? Sorry I don't understand. Posting or making mistakes?

I wonder if that was reference to predictive text tripping you up again, as in Dam instead of Damn.

And I wish predictive text would stop interfering with my swears, bloody mother forklifts!

Clip

Established Member

I was there from about 1700 - 1800 last night and never saw or overheard anything towards the pink army - what I did see was just people going through the barriers before trains were announced which is never the brightest idea if you normally go from 15 say and it then goes from 10.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I wonder if that was reference to predictive text tripping you up again, as in Dam instead of Damn.

And I wish predictive text would stop interfering with my swears, bloody mother forklifts!
That wasn't predictive text. That was me actually thinking Damn is spelt Dam. Lol. However I don't consider my postings on here to be important official communications to members of the public so I consider the spelling errors to be less critical than if it was a work situation.

At work however that is a different matter and if it's important, my written word gets checked by my line manager. I'd hope Southern would do the same.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I was there from about 1700 - 1800 last night and never saw or overheard anything towards the pink army - what I did see was just people going through the barriers before trains were announced which is never the brightest idea if you normally go from 15 say and it then goes from 10.

Well I can advise that a number of colleagues were subjected to some verbal abuse over the course of the evening, and that those dishing it out, as always, were middle aged men in smart suits.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Well I can advise that a number of colleagues were subjected to some verbal abuse over the course of the evening, and that those dishing it out, as always, were middle aged men in smart suits.
Did they call the BTP and get then ejected. Might be good lesson for them. They could make then walk home may be.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Yeah I can really see that happening:roll:

I can't see it happening either but some train companies do have posters about not standing for abuse so they need to police it to some extent or people will disregard the posters. Staff shouldn't have to face abuse. I guess it depends how bad the abuse was.

Antman

Established Member
I can't see it happening either but some train companies do have posters about not standing for abuse so they need to police it to some extent or people will disregard the posters. Staff shouldn't have to face abuse. I guess it depends how bad the abuse was.

Indeed, there is often a fine line between abuse and anger at what the customer sees as being let down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.