• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Class 180 Coach Lettering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan125hst

Established Member
How are the coaches lettered on the EMR Class 180's? There doesn't seem to be any seating plans on their website of all EMR's stock. I think they are run as both 5 and 10 car sets so if someone can provide the lettering for both of these that would be great. I'm interested to see how they are handling the first class coach being the fourth vehicle in the set and also keeping it in line with the other stock they operate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The Hull Trains 180 seating plan has them as ABCDE so they could still be the same or they could have changed them in line with other EMR stock.

A 5/10 car 222 is ABCDG, NMLKJ (just search EMT class 222 seating plan and there is a pdf).

ryan125hst

Established Member
The Hull Trains 180 seating plan has them as ABCDE so they could still be the same or they could have changed them in line with other EMR stock.

A 5/10 car 222 is ABCDG, NMLKJ (just search EMT class 222 seating plan and there is a pdf).

That's what I was wondering. In the case above, coaches G and J are First Class and coaches D and K are composite carriages.

The complication with the 180's is the location of the first class carriage is the fourth carriage, not the fifth (there are no composite carriages). I was wondering whether they have gone down the route of ABCGD as a result, probably resulting in KJLMN for the second unit where J is the first class carriage?

LowLevel

Established Member
They don't seem to have any external lettering. There aren't any out today to look on the computer but I'll see if I can find out.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Interesting. Are you aware of any plans to alter this to align with the 222's?

What happens when there are two units coupled?

Kneedown

Established Member
I'm not aware of any plans to alter the coach lettering, but that would be more On-Trains department. As it stands, from a Drivers perspective, the coaches are numbered 1 to 10 on the TMS when coupled. I have heard that, from the May timetable, 180's will only run singly over two unit diagrams, which will leave one spare for rescue, and one for maintenence.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Thanks Kneedown, the lack of doubled up running probably reduces the need for coach letting alteration.

Looking back at the seat maps, coach D is a composite coach on the 5 car 222's and the majority of it is First Class accommodation. Coach E is only used on HST's and is a Standard Class carriage, so it perhaps matches up with the lettering of other stock better than I first realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.