• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR HST to Scarborough 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

43 302

Established Member
EMR will be operating an HST service from London St Pancras to Scarborough on Saturday the 12th of September. The current plan is for it to be a farewell to the VP185s. Timings are shown below on RealTimeTrains.

Leicester to St Pancras via Corby

St Pancras to Scarborough

Scarborough to St Pancras

St Pancras to Derby

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
Its on thin ice at present, likely it could be cancelled. I'd say keep a close eye on RTT nearer the time.

MML

Why does it stop at Luton northbound, but not southbound ? Not exactly great for a day trip.

43 302

Established Member
Why does it stop at Luton northbound, but not southbound ? Not exactly great for a day trip.
Pathing constraints I assume. Combined with the fact that this is just a regular EMR summer Scarborough service, just operated by an HST rather than a 222.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Pathing constraints I assume. Combined with the fact that this is just a regular EMR summer Scarborough service, just operated by an HST rather than a 222.
Isn’t it also the last one though? IE no longer running beyond York from 2021?

43 302

Established Member
I have just heard that it is no longer going ahead. 222 as far as Sheffield.

route101

Established Member
Booked a advance ticket for it today , wasnt bothered about HST . Guess it will be next train i will be allowed.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Has any direct St. Pancras -> Scarborough service operated at all this year?

WesternLancer

Established Member
Has any direct St. Pancras -> Scarborough service operated at all this year?
They were in the system for 5th and 12th sept I think (with tickets at Advance fares available to buy and some up thread seem to have bought such tickets in fact) but now looks like not for either date. An HST mentioned for the 12th and assume a Meridien for the 5th.
Not sure if they will ever run again (ie next year) as I think EMR's intention was to cease that service (unless I have imagined that!)

43 302

Established Member
They were in the system for 5th and 12th sept I think (with tickets at Advance fares available to buy and some up thread seem to have bought such tickets in fact) but now looks like not for either date. An HST mentioned for the 12th and assume a Meridien for the 5th.
Not sure if they will ever run again (ie next year) as I think EMR's intention was to cease that service (unless I have imagined that!)
I believe this year was meant to be the last yes.

Also, I have had my advance tickets refunded in case anyone else has bought any.

sufian123

Thanks makes sense

route101

Established Member

Also, I have had my advance tickets refunded in case anyone else has bought any.

I bought an advance . As im staying in Hull , im still doing the journey. As its an advance , what are my options from Sheffield ?

43 302

Established Member
I bought an advance . As im staying in Hull , im still doing the journey. As its an advance , what are my options from Sheffield ?
I would contact EMR customer service if I was you. I imagine your ticket will be valid to sheffield and then on any connecting serivice to Scarborough.

route101

Established Member
I would contact EMR customer service if I was you. I imagine your ticket will be valid to sheffield and then on any connecting serivice to Scarborough.

Hoping to have a look around Sheffield.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Interestingly, on the platform at Derby on Saturday morning the departure display was showing that the train after the direct Skegness 'Jolly Fisherman' from the same platform was the 08.24 to Scarborough. However, looking at Real Time trains it seemed that it only went as far as Sheffield on Saturday despite what the departure board stated.

No idea on what info was displayed after the Skegness train left (ie it may have said 'terminating at Sheffield' for all I know).

I understand reason this did not run as HST to Scarboro on 12th sept is that LNER platform staff at York no longer do slam door stock duties since end of their own HSTs....

Last edited:

43 302

Established Member
Interestingly, on the platform at Derby on Saturday morning the departure display was showing that the train after the direct Skegness 'Jolly Fisherman' from the same platform was the 08.24 to Scarborough. However, looking at Real Time trains it seemed that it only went as far as Sheffield on Saturday despite what the departure board stated.

No idea on what info was displayed after the Skegness train left (ie it may have said 'terminating at Sheffield' for all I know).

I understand reason this did not run as HST to Scarboro on 12th sept is that LNER platform staff at York no longer do slam door stock duties since end of their own HSTs....
Correct, platform staff no longer sign slam doors unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.