• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR strike 16th may

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impey0711

On Moderation
I have a ticket booked on an intercity service that day where do I stand if the strike goes ahead regarding refunds etc.?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
I have a ticket booked on an intercity service that day where do I stand if the strike goes ahead regarding refunds etc.?
Almost certainly the same as any other TOC. You'll either be able to travel the day before, the day after, or claim a refund.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I believe the industrial action will only affect EMR Regional services, not the Intercity ones, as it is an issue concerning the Senior Conductor (ex Central Trains) grade rather than the Train Manager (ex Midland Mainline) grade. See @LowLevel's comment here.

I don't think it would be the first time that there's been a normal service on the EMR Intercity routes with no, or very little, service on the Regional routes.

LowLevel

Established Member
Correct, zero impact on Intercity and Connect services on the London to Corby/Nottingham/Sheffield route.

Impact on Regional services remains to be seen depending on what they cover with "contingency guards".

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Refunds under Condition 30.1 of the National Rail Conditions of Travel are available in the normal manner in the event of cancellation due to industrial action, with the explicit exception to the normal policy where only the Return leg of a Return is affected, where you're entitled to a refund of 50% of the ticket price rather than merely the difference in price between the Single and Return (which could potentially be as low as 5p). With Advance tickets, the refund request can be submitted before the day of travel or up to 28 days after the original day of travel.

AY1975

Established Member
Correct, zero impact on Intercity and Connect services on the London to Corby/Nottingham/Sheffield route.

Impact on Regional services remains to be seen depending on what they cover with "contingency guards".
Does anyone know what (if any) impact the strike/overtime ban had on the affected routes? There doesn't appear to be anything on the EMR website about this coming Sunday (30th May).

Status
Not open for further replies.