• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Strike Timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy2215

Its not on their website yet but EMR will be running 1tph between St Pancras and Corby, 1tph between London and Sheffield and 1tph to Nottingham. Also 1tph between Nottingham and Derby, 1tph between Derby and Matlock, 1tph between Nottingham and Sheffield via Alfreton and 1tph stopping service between Nottingham and Leicester. No service elsewhere and trains will only run between 7:30 and 18:30.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freemo

The inter city services were already due to start from/terminate at Luton on the 25th due to engineering work, is that still the case?

IceBlue

Could be worse. No surprises at no Newark Castle to Crewe or anything in Lincolnshire due to all the signal boxes, though I'm surprised there's nothing on the Robin Hood line considering it's run off pretty much a single workstation- is this because of how short EMCC are expecting to be or from the EMR side?

Established Member
Its not on their website yet but EMR will be running 1tph between St Pancras and Corby, 1tph between London and Sheffield and 1tph to Nottingham. Also 2tph between Nottingham and Derby with 1tph extending to Matlock, 1tph between Nottingham and Sheffield via Alfreton and 1tph stopping service between Nottingham and Leicester. No service elsewhere and trains will only run between 7:30 and 18:30.
You could say it is an improvement with Matlocks going to Nottingham! Wonder if the Spondon and Stoke buses will run.

LowLevel

Established Member
Could be worse. No surprises at no Newark Castle to Crewe or anything in Lincolnshire due to all the signal boxes, though I'm surprised there's nothing on the Robin Hood line considering it's run off pretty much a single workstation- is this because of how short EMCC are expecting to be or from the EMR side?
I was somewhat surprised that there aren't Mansfield trains. Perhaps it will impact the trams too given the Mansfield Workstation has a hand in their operation.

IceBlue

I was somewhat surprised that there aren't Mansfield trains. Perhaps it will impact the trams too given the Mansfield Workstation has a hand in their operation.
Of course, I didn't consider that. Especially given that the trams can cover for Bulwell and Hucknull, it surely would be a priority to try and keep running

I didn’t know that! I thought NET was completely separate in all aspects!
There are two level crossings (one at Bulwell Forest, the other between Hucknall and Butler's Hill) shared between the NET and Network Rail lines, which are controlled by the Mansfield EMCC workstation and opened/closed for both trams and trains. There's also a level crossing at David Lane parallel to the NET crossing which is effectively 'double covered' by both barriers for the railway, and traffic lights for the tram. The signaller ensures the lights aren't red for a tram when raising the barriers to prevent the risk of a driver reacting to barriers and thinking the coast is clear. The trams run fully on NET rails and all the signalling other than the protecting signals for these crossings is managed internally.

liamf656

There are two level crossings (one at Bulwell Forest, the other between Hucknall and Butler's Hill) shared between the NET and Network Rail lines, which are controlled by the Mansfield EMCC workstation and opened/closed for both trams and trains.
Doh! For someone very local I always thought that the two crossings north of Bulwell were both barrier and traffic light operated, as per David Lane! That’s interesting to know

LowLevel

Established Member
Brickyard Lane ABCL crossing (the one with the flashing red/white lights for the train/tram drivers) between Bestwood and Hucknall is locally monitored (IE the signaller has nothing to do with it routinely) but in the case of failure the rulebook provisions are carried out and fault reports made to the NR signaller.

Bulwell Forest CCTV crossing is fully operated by the NR signaller and as mentioned above Lincoln St crossing at Basford takes the tram into consideration.

There was at least one more but it's been decommissioned and removed, it had user worked lifting barriers.

liamf656

Timetables are now up, it’s pretty much the same as what OP mentioned except that Derby to Nottingham is 1tph instead of 2, and it’s worked separately to the Derby - Matlock shuttle

londonmidland

Established Member
Strike information has now been added to the East Midlands Railway website. Check this link for the latest information.

At a glance:
  • One Train Per Hour between Nottingham and London
  • One Train Per Hour between Sheffield and London
  • One Train Per Hour between Corby and London
  • One Train per Hour between Derby and Matlock
  • One Train per Hour between Derby and Nottingham
  • One Train per Hour between Leicester and Nottingham (Stopping Service)
  • One Train per Hour between Nottingham and Sheffield

All other lines of route will be closed and Rail Replacement Bus (RRB) services will not be provided. EMR services will operate between 0730 and 1830 only.

HST43257

Established Member
How different will the Saturday timetables be? I can’t see them on the site

DDB

You could say it is an improvement with Matlocks going to Nottingham! Wonder if the Spondon and Stoke buses will run.
The Spondon service will not run. I don't understand why given it doesn't need signallers or any strike effected staff.

liamf656

How different will the Saturday timetables be? I can’t see them on the site
There are engineering works on Saturday meaning that all trains will terminate at Luton instead of London St Pancras, I reckon those timetables will need to be rewritten rather than slightly tweaked

High Dyke

Established Member
The trouble with a number of the Lincolnshire boxes are that NR management don't know which ones would be open or not. The suggestion originally was for a Sheffield - Grantham shuttle, but that doesn't seem.to the case.

Class 466

Established Member
There are engineering works on Saturday meaning that all trains will terminate at Luton instead of London St Pancras, I reckon those timetables will need to be rewritten rather than slightly tweaked
Most Engineering works wont take place.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Amusing that in Syston we will have an hourly service (albeit daytime only) which is the best frequency since pre Covid.

Mugby

Established Member
How do EMR know at the present time that they will be able to operated the published strike timetables?

Who will be crewing the trains? How do they know how many drivers they will have available?

LowLevel

Established Member
How do EMR know at the present time that they will be able to operated the published strike timetables?

Who will be crewing the trains? How do they know how many drivers they will have available?
The drivers aren't on strike so I imaginr there will be a huge surplus and they know how many contingency guards and dispatchers they have. They're usually managers but back office staff from various functions are often involved too.

The limited factor is how many signallers will be available.

Trainfan2019

The drivers aren't on strike so I imaginr there will be a huge surplus and they know how many contingency guards and dispatchers they have. They're usually managers but back office staff from various functions are often involved too.

The limited factor is how many signallers will be available.
Thanks as I assumed it was drivers, guards, dispatched, signallers/network rail that were all striking.

High Dyke

Established Member
After today there's no service on the Cleethorpes - Barton line all week, even on non-strike days. Why? EMR can't think outside the box and arrange to transfer the Barton unit on a different day. As usual, anything east of Nottingham is an inconvenience for them and seems to be forgotten!

Andy Pacer

Established Member
After today there's no service on the Cleethorpes - Barton line all week, even on non-strike days. Why? EMR can't think outside the box and arrange to transfer the Barton unit on a different day. As usual, anything east of Nottingham is an inconvenience for them and seems to be forgotten!
Is that the actual reason?

DDB

Given all that had to do to have a service for Spondon was to NOT cancel the existing rail replacement bus doing something positive and proactive is beyond them.

Established Member
Does anyone know about the start up on the day's in between for the regional side? I'm assuming the 0608 ex Crewe won't run but will the 0702?

liamf656

Does anyone know about the start up on the day's in between for the regional side? I'm assuming the 0608 ex Crewe won't run but will the 0702?
Realtimetrains seems to have the amended non-strike days in their database, which suggests the 06:08 is cancelled and the 07:02 is running. Also of note that the first trains off Derby to London are the 07:05 and 07:33. I have no idea what’s taking EMR so long in making their non-strike day timetables public, I don’t even think they published todays and we’re 22 hours into it!

Update Tuesday 10:30
A few delays and cancellations from St Pancras this morning. I was told that drivers are struggling to get to work on time with the tube strikes

Last edited:

Established Member
Realtimetrains seems to have the amended non-strike days in their database, which suggests the 06:08 is cancelled and the 07:02 is running. Also of note that the first trains off Derby to London are the 07:05 and 07:33. I have no idea what’s taking EMR so long in making their non-strike day timetables public, I don’t even think they published todays and we’re 22 hours into it!

Update Tuesday 10:30
A few delays and cancellations from St Pancras this morning. I was told that drivers are struggling to get to work on time with the tube strikes
Thanks. Just wanted to check as most other routes seem to start up around 0730. Still nothing mentioned about the regional side tomorrow and Friday but there is a revised London PDF on the website.

Saturday PDF's are also up. No real change to the regional routes but London services are terminating at Luton which mean the first services northbound is not until after 0900.

Trainfan2019

Looks like EMR are operating with a few extra carriages on the Crewe route today. Can see 3 and 4 carriages showing on allocations. Presume due to no London Northwestern from Stoke to Crewe today?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Looks like EMR are operating with a few extra carriages on the Crewe route today. Can see 3 and 4 carriages showing on allocations. Presume due to no London Northwestern from Stoke to Crewe today?

no - it’s because of the Charity shield between Man City and Liverpool … at Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.