• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Strike Timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
no - it’s because of the Charity shield between Man City and Liverpool … at Leicester.
As well as an additional Leicester-Stoke this evening, calling at Derby only. Looks to be a pair of 158s:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan2019

Ah I hadn't realised about the charity shield with the extra services.

On real time trains it says the 1956 Leicester to Stoke train is an unadvertised express and is driver only operated. Is it normal for additional trains like this to be driver only?

LowLevel

Established Member
Ah I hadn't realised about the charity shield with the extra services.

On real time trains it says the 1956 Leicester to Stoke train is an unadvertised express and is driver only operated. Is it normal for additional trains like this to be driver only?
It isn't driver only, it's just been input into the planning system like that in error. All EMR passenger services have guards.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Also interesting to have a 2 x 158 formation on a Leicester - Lincoln service. Quite rare that, even Meridians tend to be more common.

Established Member
Not a good week next week for EMR with Strike days right the way through from Wednesday (5th) to Saturday (8th) meaning most of the regional side will not see a service from Tuesday through to Sunday!

Saturday 1st (0730-1830):
1ph from London to Sheffield, Nottingham and Corby
1ph Derby - Matlock
1ph Derby - Nottingham
1ph Sheffield - Nottingham
1ph Leicester - Nottingham

Sunday 2nd, Monday 3rd, Tuesday 4th - Normal service (Sunday may have later start)

Wednesday 5th - No service

Thursday 6th, Friday 7th:
1ph London - Sheffield (0730-1830)
1ph London - Nottingham (0730-1830)
2ph London - Corby (all day)
1ph Derby - Matlock (0730-1830)
1ph Derby - Nottingham (0730-1830)
1ph Sheffield - Nottingham (0730-1830)
1ph Leicester - Nottingham (0730-1830)
1ph Worksop - Nottingham (all day)

Saturday 8th:
Assume the same service as the 1st.

Established Member
Additional Unite strikes have been called for EMR next Monday and Tuesday (thought there had to be two weeks' notice?). Seems to be the same timetable as the strikes last week (detailed in the post above). Only change being the Nottingham - Crewe service will run between 0600 and 1800 including the 1116 & 1616 from Nottingham and 1311 from Crewe which have not run for over a year so there is a better service than normal!

Established Member
In addition to the RMT strikes this week and in January, EMR also have a Unite strike on the 23rd, 24th December. As a result EMR are starting there will be no service on the 24th and the following on the 23rd:

0730-1830 except for the Robin Hood:
1ph London - Sheffield/Nottingham
Normal London - Corby
1ph Derby - Matlock
1ph Nottingham - Sheffield
1ph Nottingham - Crewe
1ph Nottingham - Worksop (runs until 2300)
1ph Leicester - Nottingham - Lincoln

BJames

Established Member
In addition to the RMT strikes this week and in January, EMR also have a Unite strike on the 23rd, 24th December. As a result EMR are starting there will be no service on the 24th and the following on the 23rd:

0730-1830 except for the Robin Hood:
1ph London - Sheffield/Nottingham
Normal London - Corby
1ph Derby - Matlock
1ph Nottingham - Sheffield
1ph Nottingham - Crewe
1ph Nottingham - Worksop (runs until 2300)
1ph Leicester - Nottingham - Lincoln

Does anyone know the reason a service can't be run on 24th but is on 23rd, I thought it was the same unions striking on those two days? I was really hoping they'd be running for me on the 24th so I guess coach it is.

DDB

Having just got services to Spondon back after 18 months it is extremely annoying nothing is calling at Spondon on strike days despite the hourly Derby Nottingham passing through.
I get in normal times it is hard to insert extra stops in a service due to missing slots at junctions and tight turnarounds but the turnaround is about half an hour at each end on a strike day and so little is running there surely there won't be congestion at junctions.

Established Member
Not on EMR. The settlement is only for Network Rail.

It's notable that they are advising of a service between Lincoln and Nottingham, which has been sadly missing on.other days.
Unfortunately it might be a mistake on the website. RTT is only showing a service between Nottingham and Leicester.

DannyMich2018

I really feel sorry for EMR passengers, 5 days of disruption/reduced services on EMR if you include yesterday's engineering work south of Leicester and fact that services finished early again due to industrial action. As known there is no EMR service 24th Dec and 23rd services finish earlier. I'm travelling back home on the 23rd and last Kettering service to Leicester according to RTT is 17.50.....utter disgrace with more to come in coming weeks.

BJames

Established Member
Small update, EMR is now running an "extremely limited service between Corby and London St Pancras" on the 24th - planners to be updated tomorrow - but still nothing elsewhere:

24 December - Strike day - Extremely limited service between Corby and London St Pancras only. No services on the rest of the EMR network - DO NOT TRAVEL

Due to industrial action taking place by Unite the Union and RMT, we will be running an extremely limited service between Corby and London St Pancras with no services on the rest of the EMR network.
Services between Corby and London St Pancras will have a very early close down and trains may be subject to short notice alterations and cancellations. Journey planners will be updated on Wednesday 21 December. Please check before you travel.

I have sorted alternative transportation for 24th (thankfully, a lift, rather than competing with many others taking the coach!) as I can't travel home before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.