• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Various Driver Roles - Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dalesrail

The new EMT Liverpool depot will not be affected by the TPE service as EMT will still be operating Liverpool to Nottingham. The TPE Liverpool to Cleethorpes will take the path of the Northern Lime Street to Man Airport.

Red Devil

The new EMT Liverpool depot will not be affected by the TPE service as EMT will still be operating Liverpool to Nottingham. The TPE Liverpool to Cleethorpes will take the path of the Northern Lime Street to Man Airport.
More lost work for Northern at Lime Street then!

scorchio

Can I ask how you could possibly know this?

8J

Can I ask how you could possibly know this?
This was alluded to in the recent consultation into improving the reliability of Manchester's (and the North West's) railways.

Until the dotted line is signed, there's not much else to add to this thread regarding the Liverpool depot for EMR. I'm sure if/when it has been, it will be well publicised on here.

Have any qualified drivers accepted? I turned it down myself; Nottingham is too big a move. I can see trainees going for it. Still pooled for Lime St.

irish_rail

Established Member
For those of us not privy to what your private emails contain, anyone care to enlighten?? Are EMR opening a Liverpool depot or not lol??!!

LowLevel

Established Member
Might explain why TPE are now recruiting for drivers at Lime St then (qualifieds).
The rumour mill suggests the work is now being retained at Nottingham instead because it's cheaper than setting up a new depot or transferring it, with it would appear some/all of the people shortlisted for Liverpool being offered the opportunity to work at Nottingham instead.

NorthernTech

The rumour mill suggests the work is now being retained at Nottingham instead because it's cheaper than setting up a new depot or transferring it, with it would appear some/all of the people shortlisted for Liverpool being offered the opportunity to work at Nottingham instead.
Some commute to work that! 2 hrs plus… interesting decision if this is the case!

The DfT still haven't signed off on Lime St; no timescale for that either. Successful candidates have been offered positions at Nottingham.

Last edited:

Maxijones87

I accepted but I am in fortunate position that I have no ties or commitments apart from finding somewhere to rent in Nottingham.

Maxijones87

There is a lot to learn. Been doing functional skills this last 2 weeks as need maths and ict. Great training package and very forward thinking. Had everything I needed well before starting.

I'm not sure why it won't let me message you outside of this thread . I have also decided to start for Nottingham but couldn't move until later in the year.
are you on Facebook if so maximus jones can’t miss my profile picture on a hotel balcony is mine drop me a message and will fire over number

Status
Not open for further replies.