• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Various Driver Roles - Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdowell90@goog

Hi everyone, has anyone had any feedback at all from their trainee driver applications? Was initially taking it no news is good news, however thinking back I'm sure on the advertisement assessments we're going to start April?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

8J

Hello there. I do know they have informed qualified drivers of the outcomes of their applications. Realistically, they only need to give you 7 days notice for any assessments so I'd keep on eye on your emails.

Also, be aware that they sometimes recruit in stages so you may not hear anything straight away. Rest assured, an outcome will be sent to all applicants in time.

DB0161

Hi Everyone,

My friend applied for the trainee driver role at Liverpool. Today he heard back from them and he has been shortlisted.

The next step is a video interview but what seems unusual is that he is to record his answers and return them to EMR by the 25th.

So I’m presuming a question will flash up on the screen that he has to reply to. But will he be able to record this answer multiple times until he is happy with his answer like in the application form or will it be just one opportunity to answer and that’s your recorded answer regardless

any information would be much appreciated

tfin25

Hi Everyone,

My friend applied for the trainee driver role at Liverpool. Today he heard back from them and he has been shortlisted.

The next step is a video interview but what seems unusual is that he is to record his answers and return them to EMR by the 25th.

So I’m presuming a question will flash up on the screen that he has to reply to. But will he be able to record this answer multiple times until he is happy with his answer like in the application form or will it be just one opportunity to answer and that’s your recorded answer regardless

any information would be much appreciated

Last edited:

TrainTracks

I’ve done a few of these, though never for a railway job! Standard format seems to be 30 seconds to 1 minute to read question and think of answer then either 2,3 or 4 minutes to answer it depending on the level of detail required.
You normally have the opportunity to record it 2 or 3 times and then the extra awkward option to rewatch the interview at the end. I’ll be honest, I hate them!!

Has anyone else heard anything? Either way?!

carlucio71

I've been invited for a video interview. Found out today that this has to be done by Thursday. So going to get my head around the tips, see how the practice goes and give it my all.

jimmy712

I’ve heard today too that I have a video interview too! Good luck everyone, looks like things are moving.

Signalgirl

Congrats everyone, hope the video interviews go well! It’s not looking good for me if everyone has received invites today. I’m wondering if I’ve been ruled out on distance, I’m in Manchester so around 45-50 minutes away. I’m assuming I wouldn’t get feedback at this early stage though.

8J

Congrats everyone, hope the video interviews go well! It’s not looking good for me if everyone has received invites today. I’m wondering if I’ve been ruled out on distance, I’m in Manchester so around 45-50 minutes away. I’m assuming I wouldn’t get feedback at this early stage though.

Until you've been told otherwise, keep the faith. TOCs often recruit in stages. Potentially based on when you submitted your application or how highly scored your application was.

Manda2194

Im pretty sure it was 60 minutes from the depot on this one but could be wrong.

LeonO

I’ve also been invited for the Video Interview! Good luck everyone. I don’t recall this being part of the process on the original schedule? I’m guessing it’s a pre-stage!

Just waiting for the follow up email with the details now!

LeonO

I’ve also been invited for the Video Interview! Good luck everyone. I don’t recall this being part of the process on the original schedule? I’m guessing it’s a pre-stage!

Just waiting for the follow up email with the details now!
The follow up email with link to access the interview was in my junk Mail! Might be worth others checking

Firefly83

I also got unsuccessful this morning at 01:22. Live far side of Manchester so around the 60 mins mark. Oh well onwards and upwards.

Signalgirl

I was told they were still working on their shortlist and would let me know soon whether I had an interview or not (at 01.24). HR are obviously up late! I’m assuming that they haven’t read my application yet as I applied the day before the deadline.

Sorry to those who were unsuccessful, but at least they’re telling people either way in decent time. Nothing worse than it dragging on for ages. I’ve still got Signalling applications ‘in progress’ 3 years later!

L401CJF

Established Member
I had an email this morning, saying:

We have received your application for the role of Trainee Train Driver - Liverpool and we are currently still working on our shortlist for the interview. We will be back in touch soon to let you know if we will be asking you to come and meet us.

Tgh75

I was told they were still working on their shortlist and would let me know soon whether I had an interview or not (at 01.24). HR are obviously up late! I’m assuming that they haven’t read my application yet as I applied the day before the deadline.

Sorry to those who were unsuccessful, but at least they’re telling people either way in decent time. Nothing worse than it dragging on for ages. I’ve still got Signalling applications ‘in progress’ 3 years later!
I had the same at 01.27.

having experienced the railway recruitment via my current TOC. You become resigned to the fact of it being quite an long process that can drag on for long periods. Totally understand as COVID must have impacted the numbers applying massively.

sorry to those that woke to a unsuccessful email. All I can say from experience is keep putting those apps in and knocking on the door. Persistence is key....

Liver123

Had an email late last night inviting me to complete a video interview. Been in my current job 16 years so well out of practise when it comes to interviews! Any ideas on the type of questions you think they may ask? Just to give myself a bit of preparation for what lies ahead.
Any help would be much appreciated.

RogerDodger

I completed my video interview last night. Its more nerve wracking because you're talking to a camera lol. Wishing everyone else all the best!

LeonO

I completed my video interview last night. Its more nerve wracking because you're talking to a camera lol. Wishing everyone else all the best!
I hope it went well!

Without asking you to give too much away, did you get a short time to prepare for your answer once you had the question?

YingYing

Didn't get through this time, good luck interview and beyond to you all.

If it's anything like the last one I did with EMR, you are given a short period to read the question and formulate an answer, with a countdown on-screen of I think 30 seconds off memory, after which the camera begins recording your response giving you a set time to answer, but if you finish early you can tap or click the "i've finished my answer" button. Questions are run of the mill interview questions, and weren't particularly demanding.

Liver123

Didn't get through this time, good luck interview and beyond to you all.

If it's anything like the last one I did with EMR, you are given a short period to read the question and formulate an answer, with a countdown on-screen of I think 30 seconds off memory, after which the camera begins recording your response giving you a set time to answer, but if you finish early you can tap or click the "i've finished my answer" button. Questions are run of the mill interview questions, and weren't particularly demanding.
Hi mate, when you say run of the mill, is there any chance you could be a little more specific? Bricking it here, and haven't got a clue what type of questions there going to ask. Any help would be great.

carlucio71

Not asking for answers, but are they generic questions about you, or more scenario based?

A pointer or 2 would be helpful.
Many thanks

ILoveLamp

Surely the whole point of the exercise is to get a genuine reaction from you, not one you have prepared for. Have a read of the job description from the TOC and when they ask the questions, base it on what you have read about the job. Also, the TOC is likely to be monitoring these threads I would guess.

EMTTALENTTEAM

Verified Rep - EMT Talent Team
Surely the whole point of the exercise is to get a genuine reaction from you, not one you have prepared for. Have a read of the job description from the TOC and when they ask the questions, base it on what you have read about the job. Also, the TOC is likely to be monitoring these threads I would guess.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.