• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Advance - Can i upgrade to 1st ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushawk

Established Member
The above question really :lol:

Im travelling on EMT this weekend from St Pancras to Sheffield and back and booked the ticket in Standard, but now wouldnt mind upgrading to 1st class.

Am i able to do this or not ? Im thinking no because of the seat reservation but i have no idea.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
Its available to "holder of most standard tickets" whether that includes advances I don't know but it costs £9.00.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

ushawk

Established Member
Its available to "holder of most standard tickets" whether that includes advances I don't know but it costs £9.00.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

What i read on their website, doesnt say about Advances though.

Skymonster

Established Member
The website says weekend first upgrade isn't available on certain promotional tickets - I think they add that clause for when they've had red dot days and the likes. I've not tried it recently on an advance tickets because rarely is first advance £9 more than standard advance on weekends - so the cheapest way to travel first is usually to buy a first advance. Some TMs announce weekend first as the train departs and they certainly don't say the offer isn't available to holders of advance tickets

Andy

ashworth

Established Member
If you already have a Standard Advance Ticket I'm not sure it's really worth paying an extra £9. I travelled to London and back on Saturday from East Midlands Parkway and although I did get a coffee on the way there, on the return journey the trolley never came through and I never even got a drink.

At only a slightly higher price at weekends for 1st Class with Advance Tickets, I usually use it for the more comfortable seat, but I wouldn't pay £9 extra when you get little more for your money. I must admit that EMT 1st Class Advance is great value during the week when you do get more refreshments and reasonable fares are still available off peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.