• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT double Meridian services

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
Some while ago there was some discussion on here regarding which EMT services run as 2x222. I’m trying to put the up-to-date timetable into Simsig and am struggling to work out what the diagrams look like due to the amount of joining and detaching at St Pancras.

Would anyone be able to post a list of which up and down services are booked to be formed of 2x222, please? I’m interested in the normal MF timetable, not the amended one for the Derby resignalling.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I can only help with odd trips I’m afraid:

The morning ex Lincoln joins another set on arrival at Nottingham to run as a 4 + 5 set.

The 1007 through Leicester to Sheffield is a double 5 + 5 set

Established Member
Most double sets run south in the morning and north in the evening. The following I know are double sets (10 car)
0723 Derby to London
1202 Derby to London (swaps with a 7 car on arrival at london)
1030ish Derby to Sheffield

bramling

Veteran Member
Most double sets run south in the morning and north in the evening. The following I know are double sets (10 car)
0723 Derby to London
1202 Derby to London (swaps with a 7 car on arrival at london)
1030ish Derby to Sheffield

Thanks both. These snippets have actually proved prettt helpful and I’ve managed to work out something which seems to work on paper, albeit there are a couple of errors in the working timetable with regard to platform numbers, so I’ve had to make a few assumptions.

As a supplementary question, can anyone say which services the 4-car versions operate on? One such is the Lincoln to St Pancras, but does the 4-car go on the London end or the Lincoln end after the hook-up at Nottingham?

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I *think* the 4 car is on the back (Lincoln end) as the 5 car would be waiting in Nottingham to be coupled on arrival of the 4 car.

I did see a double set passing Syston southbound at around 0720 on Wednesday, but as you said initially there may be some quirks of the Derby Blockade Timetable.

louis97

Established Member
As a supplementary question, can anyone say which services the 4-car versions operate on? One such is the Lincoln to St Pancras, but does the 4-car go on the London end or the Lincoln end after the hook-up at Nottingham?

4 car goes onto the London end at Nottingham, 5 car comes in from Lincoln.

Crossover

Established Member
It may be a bit skewed with the Derby work at the moment - I saw a few doubles out a couple of Sundays ago (travelled on one too)

Established Member
It may be a bit skewed with the Derby work at the moment - I saw a few doubles out a couple of Sundays ago (travelled on one too)
I think there is a few double sets on Sundays as there is only 2 services per hour for the most part of the day.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I think there is a few double sets on Sundays as there is only 2 services per hour for the most part of the day.

Correct, most of the 222 diagrams are double sets on Sundays, they also have all the HST sets out

Status
Not open for further replies.