• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT final valenta special

Status
Not open for further replies.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Went over to Derby to see the final valenta special from Leicester to Scarborough, and wondered if anyone else splashed out on tickets for it, and if you did, were any of you lucky enough to get a cabride back? ;) The headboard on the front says "Valenta Venturer". Took some photos, here's one:
SDC10265-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Hi, went over to Derby to see the final valenta special operated by East Midlands Trains - and was very suprised to find the HST was powered by Paxman VP185s :???: I wouldn't be very happy if I'd paid extra for this train and had this heap replace it. They even had the cheek to still put the headboard on the front saying "Valenta Venturer". Correct me if I'm incorrect, but they sounded like VP185s, so I assume they were! 43064 was at the front. Took a photo:
SDC10265-1.jpg

Looks like a VP to me :|
might sound a bit OTT, but was a tad annoyed that I wasted time and money going over to derby to see it :(

43064 is a valenta you fool ;)

So if VP185s sound like a valenta... Let the froth begin.

P156KWJ

Established Member
just didn't look like one :oops: they usually have the original headlights
Darn sorry - I'm editing the post now as I feel like a fool!

theblackwatch

Established Member
3 people got cab rides on the return following an 'auction' on the outward journey. Between them, they bid over £800 which is being donated to the Railway Children charity.

Phoenix

Established Member
Well sounds like a great time was had by all who went.
Shouldn't the Grand central Valenta final day be soon seen as though they fail enough to be withdrawn.

Bayum

Established Member
Looking good!!

Oh, by the way - anyone know who the female station manager dispatching the service was at Sheffield??

She really wasn't pleased... Muttering under her breath etc *wish they'd ruddy stay on the train*

made me laugh a few times with some of her comments!!

richa2002

Established Member
Looking good!!

Oh, by the way - anyone know who the female station manager dispatching the service was at Sheffield??

She really wasn't pleased... Muttering under her breath etc *wish they'd ruddy stay on the train*

made me laugh a few times with some of her comments!!
What did she mean by that?

Bayum

Established Member
I think because she was trying to Dispatch the train on time and all that - but the people kept taking photos etc.

Methinks she was stressing!! But there was the late running Voyager that had to depart ahead of you guys anyways!!

BOSCH

Shouldn't the Grand central Valenta final day be soon seen as though they fail enough to be withdrawn.

Now now,dont make me take your crayons away !!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
GC are a joke, I don't think they'd do it, sod's law they'd fail :lol:;)

And Ill take yours away as well young man !!!

P156KWJ

Established Member
Ahhhh, what a moody old bag ;).

Think I know who you mean - she told me in a voice as if she was talking to a small baby "Get inside!" when we were leaving Sheffield when I was heads out on a HST on the scavenger hunt. I laughed and told her I wasn't doing anything wrong (what could she do about it? the train was moving! :lol:)

Also, why was this thread moved? It was a final 'valenta special' so I put it in the tours and special workings section' :|

richa2002

Established Member
Think I know who you mean - she told me in a voice as if she was talking to a small baby "Get inside!" when we were leaving Sheffield when I was heads out on a HST on the scavenger hunt. I laughed and told her I wasn't doing anything wrong (what could she do about it? the train was moving! :lol:)

Also, why was this thread moved? It was a final 'valenta special' so I put it in the tours and special workings section' :|
You should at least just put your head in until she can't see you, it does after all say not to put your head out above the window. ;)

P156KWJ

Established Member
it says don't lean out! you have to put your head out to see where the door handle is so you can open it anyway :lol:

David

Established Member

Where's the details of the special then? All I could see was a photo, not any timings or other details. :?

P156KWJ

Established Member
you know for a fact it's a special, you were the one to tell us all about it first. I'm not being funny, I just think that things go a bit OTT with moving things etc.

David

Established Member
Erm, it's a photo plug, not details of a tour or a one off working. That's why it was moved to the photography section.

Ben

PM Sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.