• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunx2005

Going to Sheffield From Leicester next month & I know MML used to Have the HST to London - Sheff but I also knew that EMT were on about putting Meridians on the same route.

What do the HST's run on now? I got one back from Derby at the weekend :grin:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Going to Sheffield From Leicester next month & I know MML used to Have the HST to London - Sheff but I also knew that EMT were on about putting Meridians on the same route.

What do the HST's run on now? I got one back from Derby at the weekend :grin:

Take a look at the EMT TT's from their site. It is colour coded for HSTs and 222s.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
chunx - They've not implemented the new timetable/diagrams yet. But, if in doubt, book a Leeds service as they can't be anything other than a HST.

And as for colour coded timetable advice - are you saying they are all correct and have not changed at all, Tom? as a few months ago people were saying that some of the diagrams have changed slightly (or was that before the December TT change)?

AlexS

Established Member
Actually, Monsieur Yorkie, late last year the 1625 St Pancras to Leeds dropped a 8 car 222 for me which worked all the way through to Leeds and then ECS to Derby - it had been on the diagram all day including the inward working from Leeds.

1D53

Established Member
Of course 1703 SO York - St Pancras and 1035 SuO Derby - York are running via Leeds currently too - which again is a 222.

djw1981

Established Member
Dos EMt run to York for a reason - scheduled maintenance of track, or unit, or just cos there's a gap in the XC timetable between York & derby and they want to fill it?

Nym

Established Member
I think it's just cutting short their Scarborough trains, I know they tend to run to leeds because they use Nevvile Hill TMD for their HSTs...

1D53

Established Member
Its an extension to provide Southerners with a day out somewhere decent. York in winter and Scarborough in summer!

Nym

Established Member
Verry good point there JsT, although scarbrough is a bit of a dump aswell, although thats proberbly because I used to have to go there for me shopping...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Watford Gap is Village and a break in the hills in Northamptonshire, I wouldn't call it "just north of Watford" - it's almost 100km north.

My favourite motorway sign is at Staples Corner, however "M1 - Watford, THE NORTH."

I don't understand what the whole people from London don't go elsewhere rubbish is about though. It seems to be, living in and talking to people from other large cities myself, most inhabitants of most UK cities never move out, and I'd actually say that people from London seem to be more mobile than others. When I first moved to Bristol to hear half of the class at college declare they had only been to London less than 5 times in their entire life came as a bit of a shock to someone who came from the South East and used to visit other towns & cities on a regular basis! I've experienced and heard the same from other cities such as Birmingham, Manchester & Liverpool too.

class 313

Established Member
Its because London & South East is mega win. Having bin in the most extreame points of England (South West, South, South East, East, North East, North, North West, West). I can say I much prefer the South East.

David

Established Member
I'll have you know that Watford Gap is in the middle of the diamond surrounded by Tamworth, Lichfield, Walsall and Sutton Coldfield. Proof here. :razz:

Yes, I know it's the wrong Watford Gap.

I'll have you know im from north London ;)

When did St Albans become part of London then? :?

class 313

Established Member
St. Albans is in London? Quick, tell TfL so they can make it within the Travelcard zones...

Pfft I wish!

I mean north OF London, the M25 is a 5 min walk from here... Besides, I don't remember ever telling you where I was born Mr David ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.