• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT HST @ Newark Castle today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashworth

Established Member
I was just parking my car in Waitrose car park at Newark today when a EMT HST came through Newark Castle station travelling towards Nottingham from Lincoln. This was at approx 2.45 pm (Sat 21st July).
To my surprise when I was coming back to my car just over an hour later at approx 4pm either the same one or another HST was passing through Newark Castle coming from Nottingham going towards Lincoln.
Any ideas why these should be on that route today?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes it would be a HST to Skegness, it may have been diverted due to a bridge collapse on the Nottingham - Grantham line.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
pretty sure it's the skegness summer saturdays extra, filled with nottingham's finest bound for Butlins :lol:

Were these diverting via Lincoln because of the Nottingham-Grantham line being closed, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.