• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT HST service train used by Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsmr

Queens just arrived from London at Leicester on a HST:D
Glad I didnt go over to film it at Kilby Bridge
I was expecting the Royal Train but I suppose in this time of austerity
Refreshing change

edited Title to HST
yes folks i got it wrong just replayed the snippet i recorded off the telly and it wasn't a Meridian!!
:oops:

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnnyp_360

I wonder if the train driver knew who was behind him in the carriages :)

It is not unknown for the Queen to get a 365 from King's Cross to King's Lynn

Yew

Established Member
One does not like underfloor engines.. They belong on a bus not a train.

fsmr

Driver knew before he even got to St Pancras.

Correct me if i am wrong but doesnt it carry the Royal train code while the queen is on board so all signallers etc are also aware. I would imagine it is also under tight surveilance on route and in the event of an incident or failure, there would be a plan B involving road vehicles and police support close by
Probably why they used the HST instead of the Meridian
Wouldnt be a good headline to start the tour

"Wheels come off Royal Train":lol:

bengolding

No doubt the Royal Party will travel by rail back. I bet EMT planned ahead to ensure First Class is at the London end on both services, which I find these days is always a rarity. If they were on the 10:15 HST, thankfully that arrived on time despite a late start.

Wonder what she thought of St Pancras? Apparently, Leicester station is a building site at present, which didn't create a good initial impression!

2Dogbox

Should have shoved her on a dogbox or one of our ex northern 156's. Would have been a shining example of EMT!

marks87

Established Member
I'd actually quite like her to go somewhere with East Coast so we can get her views on the First Class offering.

"What do you mean I can't have another bloody gin?" ;)

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I wonder what she bought from the Rail Gourmet trolley?

I hope they loaded one on!

I am sorry your majesty due to a failure with the trolley we can not offer you any refreshments. EMT would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

I wonder what her views are on the level of comfort on the HST v the Merdian

asylumxl

Established Member
I may be one of the few people who couldn't really care less. To me she's just another person and shouldn't deserve any special treatment for her title or her wealth.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Shame she had to share the train with other people - if she were on a Corby bound service at that time of day she could have sat in splendid isolation

38Cto15E

I hope HM was given a spoon for her Tea/Coffee rather than a recycled 'Lolly Stick' :)

Class377/5

Established Member
Correct me if i am wrong but doesnt it carry the Royal train code while the queen is on board so all signallers etc are also aware. I would imagine it is also under tight surveilance on route and in the event of an incident or failure, there would be a plan B involving road vehicles and police support close by
Probably why they used the HST instead of the Meridian
Wouldnt be a good headline to start the tour

"Wheels come off Royal Train":lol:

No special head code, it was 1Dxx (can't remember the rest, was busy when she passed by).

As for Plan B, not a clue.

Hydro

Established Member
I half expected her to be poking her head out of the carriage door to wave to her royal subjects :p

That's what the press release would say, everyone would know she'd be flailing.

wintonian

Established Member
EMT!!

She won't do that again, I know I won't.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

DarloRich

Veteran Member
EMT!!

She won't do that again, I know I won't.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I have never had problem with EMT at all. Mind i only use the London services so cant comment on the regional/rural services.

HST first class is very nice!

387star

On Moderation
For a minute thought you meant the East Coast set with hastily stuck on logos and odd seating!

HSTEd

Veteran Member
I have never had problem with EMT at all. Mind i only use the London services so cant comment on the regional/rural services.

HST first class is very nice!

Apart from taking hours to get anywhere.
(How is it that going from London to Nottingham via Grantham is competitive with the direct trains?)
And no wi-fi. (Are they going to install any?)

Yew

Established Member
Apart from taking hours to get anywhere.
(How is it that going from London to Nottingham via Grantham is competitive with the direct trains?)
And no wi-fi. (Are they going to install any?)

EMT have wifi on their MML stock. Personally I would be interested to see them try wifi on their 158's

amcluesent

Certainly not the usual smell of fresh paint the royals expect in the old Mk3 set. Still I expect HRH is used to wet dog type pongs.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
EMT have wifi on their MML stock. Personally I would be interested to see them try wifi on their 158's

Oh, I havent travelled on it in a while (I was only on it because I decided to visit a friend in Nottingham from my Uni in Manchester via London because I had nothing else to do that day) but I thought the HSTs didnt have it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.