• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Lincoln Xmas Market Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
According to the EMT website there will be additional trains between Derby and Lincoln on the Friday and Saturday of the Christmas Market weekend. Does anybody know whether these are booked to be HSTs as they have been in the past, and what the timings will be? I note that, unlike in previous years, there will be no through trains from/to London.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisCooper

Established Member
I think the year before they were rumoured as Meridiens but ended up as HSTs. I think they have far more HSTs lying around at weekends than Meridiens, especially the 7 cars, and 5 or 4 cars wouldn't really have the capacity, so hopefully it will be HSTs.

WillPS

Established Member
I think the reverse is true at weekends now that EMT have lost 1 set permanently and have another (2?) out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.